Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Just a Squirrel
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok to start i am new to CF but have been following the site for a little while now. i am currently in the process of fixing/turning my bike in to a fighter.

first i think honda ment for the F to mean fighter. imo they look better naked....

second it was a none runner, it sat for 5 years in a garage in Iowa, till i was finally able to get it out to VA where im stationed. changed the fluids, all around, and she came right back to life. then died again when the stator and R/R went to shit. i found a manual online and printed that b***h out. but thats what the manual said was wrong and after searching about a hundred forums, and reading another couple thousand post i broke down and ordered parts.

third i am new to building bikes and have a limited amount of tools so its going to be a really basic teardown, and a basic fighter. nothing too wild. i dont have any skills when it comes to welding so the subframe is not changing. i do have a decent mechanical knowledge thanks to the USN, so if its in a book i can do it.

oh well i guess i should post some pics of what im working with....
ok so this is the ol' girl with her clothes on.

headlight fairing. it came gloss black but the corners where all white so i used some truck bed liner and its good as new. it is a $30 headlight set up so im not mad. its gonna match better now.

coolent resivoir. these look so much cooler on all the bikes ive seen on here so i thought i would go along and put one on. bedliner'd it to match. it was a girlly light green and silver.

my bike is white and (soon to be) black.
well im at work now but when i get home its time to get some werk done on the bike.

so being thast im new, have limited tools and no garage, dont tell me to do something too extreme, i want to but like i said i cant....yet.

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
Is it seeping out of a gasket, or pissing out of an overflow?

If a) you may need new bowl seals. ISTR that if you're clever, you can use a fairly standard large thin viton rubber o-ring for this duty on these carbs? Don't know the spec though.
If b) you may have a stuck float, or a failed float needle seal. first is an easy fix, second probably means getting new seals from Honda.

·
Just a Squirrel
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
got every thing together and go to start guess what. wont start. of course. so I dig through the book and narrow it down fuel pump is done. so I ordered a new setup. I gotta wait a week for more parts. I don't know what I can do. there are a few things I can do to clean up the look a little. but I just want to ride.

Sent from my LG-P509 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Just a Squirrel
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well figured I should add some pics. and as u can see in some of them this I where I werk

Attachments

·
Just a Squirrel
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
leaky carbs... again. I don't think I'll ever win. but its some really cracked up o-rings so off to search for new ones. wish me luck

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
leaky carbs... again. I don't think I'll ever win. but its some really cracked up o-rings so off to search for new ones. wish me luck
Two things to think of -
they'll be metric but whatever, if it fits then use it but be sure you won't get fuel dripping while you're on the move!!
they'll be made of viton, fuel resistant rubber, anything else won't last a week.

Keep at it buddy, you'll get there.

·
Registered
154 Posts
building an f1 myself. its pretty legit right. Everything looked great except the tail. take the time and money (when you can) to build an epic tail. it might take you a few times but it will be worth it and you will appreciate your bike that much more !

1 - 20 of 72 Posts