Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wussup guys! Been "finishing" my build on the Big Body G and was tuning the carburetor and finally got it dialed with a new jet kit 132.5 Mains 32.5 Pilots & needle shims.

I tuned it with the gas tank off and just hooked it up to a water bottle full of gas and got to where there was virtually no lag on the initial throttle opening and no bogging through the rev range.

I thought I was ready to rap it up and get it out for a ride around the neighborhood, so I bolted the tank back up and connected the hoses.

Once the tank was on and filled with 2gal of gas I turn it on and it starts having trouble holding an idle and started significantly bogging on initial throttle opening and even worse as it went to WOT

So far I swapped the petcock for a new one, no luck, bypasses the petcock and went straight to the tank with no improvement.

Any idea what could cause this?

Appreciate the help!

·
walkrndwtwood
V-4
1,126 Posts
What brand of mains? I changed mine to 141. I don't remember much else on the jetting swap, but i do remember that. If you can register on the gsxr forum, i highly recommend doing so. Make good solid posts to threads. You will find a builder close by.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts