Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this bike sight unseen for $200 off a friend, he said it wouldnt spark, so i figured what the hell dirt bikes are pretty easy to work on.

Came with a fresh top end and some decent tires. judging from all the bearings (rear wheel bearings were seized on the axle) and bolts its either been sitting in a lake or its been outside for a few years. replaced/cleaned/greased the bearings up along with the bolts and everything works like new.

Someone tried to paint the frame silver or something so i stripped all that off and used truck bed liner on the frame. It has a gold series fmf pipe on it that was pitted to hell. usually muriatic acid will eat the rust like nothing but this thing was so pitted i just had to do my best and paint over it.

Of course with all the bikes i get someone didnt know what they were doing and hacked a few wires, luckily there are only 4 wires on this guy so i had 2 extra wiring harnesses off other bikes to scrap from. Stator was inspec so only thing to check was the cdi, got zero readings from it so i thought it was toast (should have plugged it in for the hell of it) haggled one off ebay for $30. plugged that in, kicked the engine over and it sparked.

Im now at the point to start it tomorrow, got a gallon of Amsoil dominator synthetic oil for $50 to use between the 2 2 strokes i have. I havent fouled a plug yet on the ke100 or t350 so hopefully i got the carb settings right. still need a rear fender, recover the seat and to drill out a broken bolt for the rear brake pedal.

Day I got it

·
UnicycleMode
7,569 Posts
Sumo that mofo! :shocker:

Those 200's are bullet proof. I'm yet to see one that fouls plugs or runs poorly. My brother just finished up his supermoto setup on his KDX200 using CBR250R wheels. Late model KDX USD forks are an easy swap, the stems press in and out without an issue and no spacers needed if I remember right. ;)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
probably be strictly trail bike, i was tempted to convert it to a track bike since i have a spare set of zx6r forks lying around. I was looking for a USD swap, is it the KX forks that he swapped? the kdx forks were all conventional. i have found a bunch of yz forks for dirt cheap online but im already dropping $300 on a YSS suspension set up for my T350 this week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts