Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is now fully up for sale. it has about 40,000 miles and a clean title. It runs but will need pod filters or a new airbox. It needs a few other things which I will fully disclose. With the bike currently running I'm valuing it at around $700. I feel this is a fair price because they are very rare and awesome. It's an air cooled 1100 with a shaft drive. Basically a shaft drive 1100 Katana. See my last post for updated info and pics thanks!

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
Re: TRADE FEELER: My 1992 GSX1100G For A Cruiser/ChopperProject

wish I hadda spare 700 ta give ya so ya coud get to keep it Mark! GL with yer plan tho mate tha future is wide open fer sure ;)

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks Robbo. My friend and I dropped off a Sportster He worked on today and after doing some thinking I see now reason why I wouldn't have a fuckin blast on a chopper with a suicide shift.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I have a GSX1100G with a bad engine in Florida. Any possibility of selling just the engine & having it trucked here?
Thanks.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Nah man I'm not gonna cannibalize this. It's too rare and I want it to go to someone who's gonna treat it right. I'm in the process of restoring it now. I know a creed around CF is that no bike is sacred but I disagree. I wanted to do a resto mod on this bike. You think you can use a GSX-R1100 engine to rebuild your shafty?

·
Registered
2 Posts

I probably could, but just found a complete head & cam set for $250 shipped.

My bike sat for a long time (1998-2012 as near as I can tell) and the clutch came apart on it after I got it going. From what I can tell, this plugged an oil feed line to the head and lunched the cams.

I was looking at just doing a swap vs a tear down. It's good you want to keep the bike intact, they are few & far between and a great bike once running.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Unfortunately unless I put together an electronic shift and a sidecar I think itll be too heavy for me to operate safely. My plan is to get it running and riding good and sell it to someone who won't ruin it.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: FOR SALE FEELER: My 1992 GSX1100G

Okay so I got some work done to the 11G. The front end has been completely rebuilt and it has a new ZX7R rear shock as well as a good shinko 170mm rear tire off Carmens(SV650) rear wheel. Also did a couple more little odds and ends to it. It WILL run off starting fluid. Here's a list of what it needs:

-Tank and fuel sending unit needs to be cleaned
-Seat needs to be recovered
-Headlight bucket is rusty on the inside
-Either needs an airbox or rejet with pods(waiting on K&N dual oval pods)

I dunno I'm sure it needs a few other small things. Here's the deal, I sat on it and it's WAY too big for me to lift off the sidestand with only one leg and I dont think the sidecar thing is gonna happen. I have an SV650 N model headlight I plan on putting on it and the rest of the work I'm gonna take care of as time allows but the price is gonna have to go up. Right now I'll sell it as it sits for $600. I've already done a lot of work to it and though it'd be great to get it at 100% and get a bigger payout we simply don't have the room in the shop for this AND both my SV's and I need the money now. PM me if you're interested, thanks.

·
ZUK ATTaCK
2,957 Posts

Sorry it's been a bit Mark, been busy with the house. Once we move in ~ 2 weeks I'll be able to go through my box of parts and send you some pics. You buy pods already?

600 is a fuckin steal for a running clean titled 1100.

Nate

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Sorry it's been a bit Mark, been busy with the house. Once we move in ~ 2 weeks I'll be able to go through my box of parts and send you some pics. You buy pods already?

600 is a fuckin steal for a running clean titled 1100.

Nate
It's cool man I can only imagine how time consuming dealing with a new house can be. No pods yet. I got a guy here that said He'd give me His old ones when He gets His bike back but it could be a while.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Update!

I've done the following work to the bike since my last post here:

-RE-cleaned up the carbs and they operate smoother than ever
-Installed SV650 headlight
-Installed new rear turn signals

I'm gonna be putting some work into this thing this weekend. I've been checking prices on searchtempest and these go for between $2000 and $3500. I'd say this one is closer to the $2000 mark. I'm currently working out a trade with a guy for His 240SX vert but He'd rather have cash. I'm pretty sure we're all too broke to buy bikes here but I figured I'd put it out there.

·
I am a motherfucker
1,867 Posts

Any clue if those engine guards would fit a 2nd gen B12? I know you don't want to cannibalize, but I gotta imagine that bike would be worth exactly the same money without them. ;)

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I'll check the mounting points and let you know. It's not so much the fact that the blocks are the same dimensionally, it's where the cage mounts. If its on the frame its anyones guess but they ARE two different frames ya know? Wanna PM me an offer for them for some motivation? lol

·
I am a motherfucker
1,867 Posts

I'll check the mounting points and let you know. It's not so much the fact that the blocks are the same dimensionally, it's where the cage mounts. If its on the frame its anyones guess but they ARE two different frames ya know? Wanna PM me an offer for them for some motivation? lol
Yeah, I figure it to be a longshot...

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is back on the market. My trade fell through. Still got some work to do. Price is gonna be around $2200 when I'm done and it's ride-able or you can buy it now for $800. Have a like new SV650 bucket headlight on it now. Carbs gone through again and I will recover the seat before the sale as well.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Will trade for GSXR 1100 engine, Bandit 1200 engine, GSXR 1100 braced swingarm or newer braced GSXR 750/1000/1300 rear end I can shove a 200mm tire on. It'll probably have to be a combination of those parts to make it a fair trade and I'll also need the exhaust from whatever engine as well as the ECU.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts