Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
fizzer
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys, Im new to the forums so I apologize if Im in the wrong section. Heres my situation:

Im 18 and wanted to get into riding, so last summer I bought a pretty beat up 1994 fzr600 and made it street legal and rideable, expecting I would upgrade this year to an r6 or something. Instead, I really want to make this thing a streetfighter. They look sick and I enjoy these kinds of projects. I already painted the tank and tail flat black and the rims I painted metallic orange, but I have a few questions about a tail swap:

1) I plan on using an r6 or r1 tail. What is the simplest tail to put on an fzr that requires the least modifying. I dont really want to put the airtech streamline r1 tail on because it has the stock rear brake light. Honestly I prefer the r6 tail and lights.

2) Are there any instructions I can follow, or am I just going to have to wing it? Im not very experienced with fabricating, but this is how you learn, right!

While Im posting, has anyone used the Vapor (not veypor) digital gauges on an fzr and how do you like them?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Glad to see you took the advice you will be much happier here the tail conversion will take done modifying to work I put a r6 tail on my Yzf if you look at my build I made mine a bolt instead of welding but there are many ways to go about doing. Post up some pics so we can see what you're working with

1 - 2 of 2 Posts