Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so the bike has arrived, I cleaned out the garage and I built an ultra technical:speechless: bench to be able to work without being always on my knees ...

I started to remove some pieces to figure out where to start ...

some pictures of today

found a bit of rust everywhere, and paint that comes off, but all the frame, fork and swingarm will be repainted blacks

Also the electrical connections are all oxidized, and lacks the spark plug cap, I have to get one to see if the motor starts or is to throw

However, while I was waiting to have her I made a shitty rendering (thanks paint) of how I want the final result:

this is the idea, with all the mechanics matte black, maybe in bedliner frame and swingarm, tank and front fender (shrunk down) even blacks or very dark gray matt with a couple of details of a bright color (orange, green, yellow, or purple), for example the handlebar and something else that still do not know ...

ah, and the exhaust repositioned under the engine in some way that I will invent ...

it's all for today, I'd like to know what you think, and if you have suggestions are welcome, it's my first fighter!

see you soon guys

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
For the exhaust the way it's routed in your rendering looks good just chop a couple inches off of it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes,it's also an idea,i 'll try it,but I was thinking of doing a belly under the engine and one or two side exits behind the right footpeg like buell, but I have not yet reasoned well, we'll see ...

Meanwhile, last night I reassembled the carburetor which was dismantled, re-connected, checked the electrical system, began to lighten the rear frame section and I'm changing the shape of the saddle because it will act as a guide for the shape of the sub-frame

I need a spark plug wire to try to fire it up, today I see if I can find something ...

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
I had never heard of this bike before, but it sounds like good honest fun, if perhaps a bit slow. Reading some reviews I already wondered what motor might fit to get it above 33 horses. My bmw 650 has allegedly got 50 and it's pretty gutless.

Bizarre they fitted a clock and a fuel gauge but no rev counter.

Interesting bike, let's see you do something cool with it :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
she is alive!!

I found a new plug wire, clean the spark plug, put new fuel and the engine started!:rock:
runs well, electrics all works, so ... I can begin to dismantle ...

and so I did
removed the oil cooler and the exhaust

disconnect the wiring and engine mounts

and removing the engine

bare chassis

wiring (easy)

I removed the lighthouse in order to completely disconnect the wiring from the bike

I also removed the controls on the handlebar, realizing how it is bent, brake calipers, various plastics from the saddle frame, pretty much everything ...
Now the bike looks like this,

and for me starts a lot of work, but I'm glad that the motor works, I did not want to get my hands on it now, if not for repaint it.

in the meantime I changed the shape of the side of the saddle with fiberglass, so that the bottom line is straight (like that of the monster), and I began to cut the saddle frame, to get an idea of how it is more convenient to modify.
I have not photos, will upload as soon as possible (although resize them and upload them here is the most stressful thing in the world), and I washed, degreased and completely brushed motor, which i will repaint matt black.
I want to try to remove the paint from the side covers of the motor,that are now silver,but with the brush are not successful, you think that with the paint remover i'll do it? i assume are powder coated ...
work continues, see you soon

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
a bit of work done ... degreased and brushed the engine before paint it matt black

I started to cut the frame section and I deleted all the various brackets that are no longer needed

tomorrow I may be able to move forward with the shape of the seat frame, and then remove what's left and start removing paint from frame and swingarm
Meanwhile, a fantastic idea stolen by a user of this forum (can not remember the name) for the front indicators that I will do as well too

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I went ahead with the change to the saddle frame, I shortened, folded and resolded in place the lower tube...

not a big job, but I am very pleased with myself and with the result ...
so I switched from this inclination

to this

so will remain much empty space between the wheel and saddle, as I like it
work continues tomorrow, update soon

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
and this is the idea i have for the rear turn signals...

as soon as I find the components we will see if I can accomplish what I have in mind ...

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Awesome man I dont think I've ever seen a Cagiva on here before. 33HP though, WOW thats a lot less than I thought it would be. Maybe a dirtbike engine like a Honda 600 or Kawi 650 or something would fit with not too much fabrication? I dunno and I have no idea how available those are in Italy. Anyways welcome to Custom Fighters and props to you for fightering something I havent seen on here before.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hello friend, thank you for your words ...
the idea of mounting a motor like you say I had it too, because when I got the bike I was told that the engine had broken, and then would have been a nice option also to increase a little 'horses , which are very few ...
Now, however, since its engine actually works fine, I shelved the idea, but tomorrow who knows ...
especially because this bike is going to use my wife who has never driven one, so less horses have, the better, in my opinion ...:D

edit
I saw now the thread of your SV ​​650 green, and the idea I have for the tail of my bike is very similar to the way you did, I hope I'll be nice and slender as your own.
your saddle is from a ducati monster? also the back headlight?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yesterday I repositioned the battery by modifying the original battery holder and I fitted it on original anchorages of the air filter housing

then I welded a side cross that acts also as a further attack on the battery holder

next job is to weld another transversal strengthening to the bottom of the tail, possibly to be used also as an attachment to the rear light, (although I do not know yet what I will use ...), then modify and replace the lock to the saddle, more low because I lowered the backing of the saddle about 1cm

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yesterday I worked all day on the bike, these are the results ...
frame and swingarm stripped (not completely, I have to go once again paint stripper and wire brush), but a good point

I built the bracket for the speedometer modifying the original
this is the result, yet to grind the welds (I know, are shit, but they hold ...) and then paint

this is the last cut I had to do with the hand saw after burning both my grinders

and this is the final positioning

the fuel meter and indicator lights will be replaced on the cover of the small storage compartment that is on the tank ... tonight I finish installing them and take pictures ...
see u soon

1 - 19 of 19 Posts