Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi just joined and needing advice....
i have a 1995 gsxr 750 water cooled model early stages of modifying it. any suggestions as to what other bikes i can use their single side swinging arm??? someone suggested a triumph t595?? is there a simple (LOL) swop over??

many thanks

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Triumph will work I happen to have one for sale look in the parts classifieds

Edit if you look in the street fighter swaps section cookie so kindly donated the measurements for Ducati, triumph and VFR sssa. Measure your swingarm pivot width then see which one is the closest match. But I do think Suzuki fits a triumph sssa.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Measure the width of your srock swingarm in millimeters. Ialso check where the swingarm mounts to your frame. Is there a boss on either side of the frame where material can be ground off? Also look at shock offset. Yours is probably right down the center. Is the triumph offset to the left or right? If so by how much? These are all things to consider. I know on my 92 GSX-R a triumph arm wont really fit because the triumph swinger is much wider and I cant take out enough material to make that work. YOUR watercooled frame on the other hand is quite a bit wider because your engine is wider than mine so youve got a better shot.

If you do decide to go for it I implore you to take lots of pictures, document what you did to make it work along with any issues and PLEASE make a write up for it in the swingarm swaps section that 94yzf was telling you about. It would really help all the other guys thinking about doing the swap.

·
Littering And...........
1,073 Posts
and if the shock is offset, you'd have to figure out a way to mount the shock on the rail that holds the mount. But offset it. I would think a simple bolt on installation could be done, but you may have to weld aluminum for the lower dogbone mounts. If they use the Dogbne setup.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi guys thanks for the info. quite alot to take on board. i know the end result will look awesome. will keep you posted as to how things progress.

thanks

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Triumph shock is centered just throwing it out there

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I know someone selling one that's almost complete for $275 shipped cough cough

·
Littering And...........
1,073 Posts
I know someone selling one that's almost complete for $275 shipped cough cough
Hahaha you would. I wish I could swing it. But being this close to Christmas, I'm broke. Plus I'm trying to get rid of this thing. I'd rather swap it to a bandit or an oil cooled 1100.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
hi guys thanks for the info. quite alot to take on board. i know the end result will look awesome. will keep you posted as to how things progress.

thanks
You hjeard the man the shock mount is centered so get to it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts