Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
fuck I wish i lived anywhere near there I would buy that thing in 2 damn seconds and throw that motor in my project.

·
lb/hp is what it's about!
10,448 Posts
With it being a early motor hopefully the person isn't lying and the main bearing hasn't shit the bed. That or the cam bearings since the early engines were known for eating cams. Also keep in mind that with it being a early motor it is kick only so those with little legs or are smaller in general might have trouble kicking this big bore over. I'm 6'3" 210# and can kick my 400 with ease but occasionally have trouble with the 640 Duke. I have friends ~5'8" 160# that can kick over other smaller thumpers (125 and 250) but struggle with my 400 even if I do the whole "procedure" for them and they only have to kick it. With unknown mileage on it it's probably a good idea to check the water pump since they tend to go at ~15k miles. Another thing to keep in mind is that if it really is only what is shown in the picture (the engine and only the engine) for $150 you will still probably have ~$700 into it before it's all setup and ready to run assuming the engine itself really is ready to rock. Oh and the bike it comes from is a oil-in-frame design so if it isn't going in the same style frame you'll have to make up a separate oil tank with remote filter and what not.

Things worth considering :twocents:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts