·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
Thats so ugly I want to punch small kittens in the face

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,373 Posts
What a piece of shit.

Holes in the gas tank. Ghetto welded structural pieces. Two weak small brakes for the front. Rear sprocket is not a Ducati part and is probably not centered and it appears to come within 1/64 of the swingarm. Car tire on the rear.

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
is... the front swingarm... welded to the triple clamp?
I'm seeing the pivot bolt just hanging out not attached to anything so they didn't make a girder out of it so...
WTMFF??
To quote the CL listing: "The front forks have been cut and had a ducati single side swing arm to it."(sic)

From the photos, it does indeed look like he basically mounted a swing arm to the bottom triple clamp via... whatever means. Also looks like the shock is mounted to the frame and does not pivot with the triple clamp, which is actually kinda cool and I'm still trying to figure it out - best I can tell there's some sort of pivot on the connection between the fork and its shock linkage, otherwise the front wheel couldn't even turn. I'm horrified, yet curious as to the exact 'functioning'...

Aside from the unusual shock location, I expect the front end design (if not this execution) would give basically the same functioning and 'performance' characteristics as the 'suspension' of this old Schwinn design. Vertical wheel travel is almost nil until the wheel has been pushed out so much that you have negative trail, and using the front brake would be ... interesting. Everything I've seen about funny front end design gives me the gut feeling that's NOT the way to do it.

·
40 Posts
I was not expecting that when I opened the thread. haha

Could look good when finished tho. Hard to see that as it sits.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
So is this really your bike salvage?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts