Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am totally new to the platform and have been overwhelmed by info after joining multiple forums. I have a completely stock fuel leaking bandit s 600 :doh:. I want a simple, clean, and fun setup so I wanted some advice from people who have gone through this. There are some sexy modified machines on her so I may just end up messaging people too. I know mods are based on personal preference and topics like this can get out of hand like trying to figure out which oil is the best lol. I am totally new to this and have a secret love for naked bikes now! (dont tell my daytona675)

I hate the back end of the bike, so I want to give that some attention. I have seen some very slick tails on some bikes, and info on this?

Want to go with a more aggressive handle bar setup.

I am also going to look into do fork swap on the bike, have to find out what is compatible with this machine.

Once the bike is mechanically checked out and the exterior is nice and sexy, I will look into power mods.

I am already reading through multiple forums, but this may answer some questions faster.

These bikes seem to be very popular in the UK, I am in New York. It would be nice to find a supporting dealer with aftermarket parts here in the states.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Hi and welcome to CF.
Rear tail swaps are personal preference for sure.There are some plastics which can be swapped onto the stock subframe.Most are from the UK or Europe.
If you decide to hack off the stock subframe and replace with another you will need to figure out mounting tabs,seat to tank join,rerouting electrics and battery location.Tank mounting tabs will need to be fabbed up probably.Grinder and welder are your friend for this swap.You can use the donor subframe or make your own,depends on skill level I guess.Best to do a search and see what others on here have done.
Fork swaps are well documented on here so search and see what folks have done.Myself I have 05 Gsxr 1000 forks on my Bandit.Stem swap,fork stops,drill top triple for bar mounts and some other bits such as top hat spacer for top stem and new speedo as I used gsxr wheel also.
Best power mod is to fit bandit 12 motor.Fits frame with only one engine mount drilled on frame for larger bolt iirc.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi and welcome to CF.
Rear tail swaps are personal preference for sure.There are some plastics which can be swapped onto the stock subframe.Most are from the UK or Europe.
If you decide to hack off the stock subframe and replace with another you will need to figure out mounting tabs,seat to tank join,rerouting electrics and battery location.Tank mounting tabs will need to be fabbed up probably.Grinder and welder are your friend for this swap.You can use the donor subframe or make your own,depends on skill level I guess.Best to do a search and see what others on here have done.
Fork swaps are well documented on here so search and see what folks have done.Myself I have 05 Gsxr 1000 forks on my Bandit.Stem swap,fork stops,drill top triple for bar mounts and some other bits such as top hat spacer for top stem and new speedo as I used gsxr wheel also.
Best power mod is to fit bandit 12 motor.Fits frame with only one engine mount drilled on frame for larger bolt iirc.
Hope this helps.
Awesome thanks for the info, I have been reading since I posted and learned a lot for sure.

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Check your intro post ..........I got you on the tank mount.

I like fat asses but the bandit it too awkward.

Question is..where to you want to start. I ended up doing mine in 3 phases.....completly dependant on need and dollars.
1 did the tail swap because for me it was the cheapest ( if you don't count labor)
2 the front end. had a 35 mph get off the tweaked the stock tubes and insurance cut me a fat check to get it done
3 Motor started to smoke and I got a good deal on a nice 750

Take it one step at a time so you don't bite off more than you can chew but always keep the concept that your work is never done

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check your intro post ..........I got you on the tank mount.

I like fat asses but the bandit it too awkward.

Question is..where to you want to start. I ended up doing mine in 3 phases.....completly dependant on need and dollars.
1 did the tail swap because for me it was the cheapest ( if you don't count labor)
2 the front end. had a 35 mph get off the tweaked the stock tubes and insurance cut me a fat check to get it done
3 Motor started to smoke and I got a good deal on a nice 750

Take it one step at a time so you don't bite off more than you can chew but always keep the concept that your work is never done
Wolf you are the man! I really appreciate the input and advice. Plan of attack is get it running right then start the tail and front end. Will be working on a low boy gp style exhaust similar to what I created for my daytona. Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts