Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, im getting into the streetfighter game and need some help.I plan to do somewhat of budget build, trying not to spend excessive amounts of money. I picked up a 98 cbr600 last night for $150. blown motor, no fairings, no headlight, all in all missing a bunch of shit. im picking up a parts bike off my buddy tonight, a 97 cbr600, it was in an accident but the motor has ~13k on it, i plan to swap it out. I got a few questions and heres where you guys come in...While the motor is out of the bike what should i do to it?(it hasnt run in a year) probably jetting the carbs and throwing an aftermarket exhaust on it. but is there anything else i should check? Ive seen a lot of f3's with a different tail section(2 separate seats) which i want but i dont know where to begin, im good at fabricating stuff and im half decent at welding but what tail/subframe would fit the best? thats really it for now, ill probably have more questions but would like some opinions. Thanks in advanced.

·
...from hell
215 Posts
A tail swap always makes a F2/F3 look better. As for which one to use thats gonna be up to whatever you thinkk looks best on your bike. Im going with a 07/08 cbr600rr tail and subfrome on my 92 F2. ive also seen bikes with R6 tails that look great. If you have the skills theres nothing a little cutting/bending/welding cant make possible. Ive seen people do tail swaps with the stock subfrome, just bending and cutting to make it fit.

·
99 Posts
I'd swap out the Automatic cam chain tensioner for a manual one. Can be done when the engine is in the frame but is a bit easier to do when the motor is out and it is a known weak link in our bikes. As far as seas/tail swaps you have many options. I decided to chopp off the stock welded subframe and go with a complete 1000RR tail set up. My friend fucked up the welding though so I need to re do a couple things.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts