Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Customfighter
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know what I would need to do in order to fit a buell wheel into my 750 forks? Really like the idea of a single rotor up front just not sure it'd fit or what mods I may need to do in order to make it fit. Thanks in advance!

·
GURU of da poo poo
5,717 Posts
The easiest way is to get the matching Buell forks. Otherwise you're looking at a custom bracket that you're betting your ass on everytime you use the front brake.

Here's a pic of someone who did it using 02 GSXR1000 forks.

ps
what Bristol do you live in. UK or one of the many in the US?

·
Customfighter
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Fate! I had actually seen that already on another thread but the wheel itself is pretty pricey so will be looking to just fit the wheel into my current forks as wouldn't be able to afford the forks too!. Will it fit straight in without the need for spacers? A bracket to hold the caliper won't be an issue, got someone who can make me one. Would a thick steel plate be strong enough ya reckon? Bristol in the UK ;)

·
GURU of da poo poo
5,717 Posts
If I remember right there is the need for some custom spacers though I don't know what size. Make sure you get a ZTL2 caliper vs the ZTL1, eight piston vs six. And check what the Buell guys were using for an upgraded master instead of using the stock Buell unit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.