Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I am not a robot
1999 zx6r g2
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I'm Zeke.

Great community here, love all the creativity.

I started this in 2012 where the majority of the build happened, but have been slowly changing bits here an there over the years.
Hoping to jump right back in after a hiatus pursuing other things in life.

Seems there is a wealth of experience and valuable ideas on the forum that I really appreciate so I'm happy try give back in some way if possible.
Anyway, here's a couple shots of my build before, early stage and current progress.

Fuel tank Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Welcome to CF dude.

I have most of a G stowed away in the shed 😁 I've also chopped and swapped an F1 which is largely the same bike as far as motor, electrical etc, all to shit so if you run into something weird or need wiring diagrams or anything, gimme a shout because I've already made all the mistakes several times to make sure I got the mistakes right 🤣

·
I am not a robot
1999 zx6r g2
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to CF dude.

I have most of a G stowed away in the shed 😁 I've also chopped and swapped an F1 which is largely the same bike as far as motor, electrical etc, all to shit so if you run into something weird or need wiring diagrams or anything, gimme a shout because I've already made all the mistakes several times to make sure I got the mistakes right 🤣
Hey thanks dude, really appreciate that!
No doubt anyone will run into similar problems modifying these things and some insight is extremely valuable!

How did you get on with the ram air? (assuming you removed the factory fairing intakes)
And did you end up messing around with the jets to compensate for intake or exhaust changes?

I ran the pressure sensing tube into the carb plate where the crank case breather hose attached, which seemed to help but I'm not quite happy with it.
I'm planning to run that hose up front poking out of the frame with some filter on so it won't be exposed to any vacuum in the airbox (I don't know what I don't know haha, so trying to replicate the factory dynamics where possible).

Cheers!

·
Registered
2002 R1
9 Posts
Looks awesome!! I'm going to be cutting down my subframe soon, and will have to deal with the issue of the top and bottom halves being separated. Any chance you could upload a couple pics of how you hooked those together?

Reactions: Zeke

·
I am not a robot
1999 zx6r g2
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks awesome!! I'm going to be cutting down my subframe soon, and will have to deal with the issue of the top and bottom halves being separated. Any chance you could upload a couple pics of how you hooked those together?
Hey thanks!
Sure I will get some pics up tonight, in the mean time I'll leave a link to another post which has a couple of shots

New member 1999 streetfighter build

Essentially I've cut the frame as short as I was able to while retaining the strength provided by the cross bar and the upper/lower welded support.
These help to defend against lateral movement so I felt I didn't need to go over board with the mod.
The fix was simply a chunk of aluminium cut into a wedge, clamped between the bars, drilled through from the top, bolted and trimmed to fit.

·
I am not a robot
1999 zx6r g2
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's a couple shots of the process.
Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

I didn't plan it very well at the time so I may redo the tail for a more aggressive.
Keen to see how yours goes, post some pics when you get around to it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts