Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
dreammaker
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from SLCpunk. slaved all winter to afford a motorcycle. just picked up a 99 ninja zx11, the freshest riding gear around, and a bunch of parts. found a custom shop and am just waiting til they can get me in. i want my bike to look shorter and more aggressive. they are going to throw my parts on and chop the subframe, fender and exhaust. bought 2 tail lights cuz idk which one i want haha one is integrated the other kinda matches the headlight unit. after hard work my dream is almost ready...

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Im not sure you get what the point of what we do here though. We like to build our own bikes sure some parts gets sent else where when we don't have the tools skills or knowledge to do it but 90% of the time someone on here can help you so you can do it. For being your first bike you should build it yourself so you can learn the bike and when you're done you'll take more pride in it then your first born child.

Good luck either way I just vote for you to use your cash on tools and tear into it yourself. Trust me it'll be the most gratifying experience of your life.

·
dreammaker
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am fully aware of what “you” do here.

Goal: Promote streetfighters to the custom motorcycle scene in America .
Plan: Spread the word to motorcycle enthusiasts through our forum & blog.

I have been using this website for 2 years. Not everybody is a builder and not everybody will get gratification from doing a project 1st hand. I am open to suggestions however I do not appreciate you telling me what I should do with my bike. Personally, I have zero tools, little motorbike specific mechanical knowledge, zero patience, zero time, and would much rather have my motorcycle look how I want it when I want it that way. My gratification comes from knowing i worked my ass off to make an extra 6 G's in a VERY short amount of time to pay for all of this outright in cash. the pay off will be my dream bike. Thank you for the welcome and the luck. I will update photos with progress…

Ps your bike is really cool

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
Welcome to CF negroninja! Is this your first bike? She's a beast, so I assume you are already an experienced rider, so I'm looking forward to the finished pics of her!! She's a beauty!! :D

No pics of the new gear?? You've been here for two years, so you know we like to 'look'. ;)

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
nice name broseph. do you own the Clippers? anyways
you made up for it with the SLCPunk reference. good luck. have fun be safe and welcome to the forum

Reactions: oldrider

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I am fully aware of what “you” do here.

Goal: Promote streetfighters to the custom motorcycle scene in America .
Plan: Spread the word to motorcycle enthusiasts through our forum & blog.

I have been using this website for 2 years. Not everybody is a builder and not everybody will get gratification from doing a project 1st hand. I am open to suggestions however I do not appreciate you telling me what I should do with my bike. Personally, I have zero tools, little motorbike specific mechanical knowledge, zero patience, zero time, and would much rather have my motorcycle look how I want it when I want it that way. My gratification comes from knowing i worked my ass off to make an extra 6 G's in a VERY short amount of time to pay for all of this outright in cash. the pay off will be my dream bike. Thank you for the welcome and the luck. I will update photos with progress…

Ps your bike is really cool

Half of that 6k you busted your ass for would buy more tools then I have and the other half could build a bitchin bike. It might take a little longer but in the end its worth it IMO. That's just me though I like the built not bought and even though your bike is getting built you still bought it. :doh: and a zx11 for a first bike be careful that bitch can bite hard.

I'm not trying to be a Dick just stating my opinion. That's what the internet is for anyway right? Its all good homie if that's what you want go for it. It seems your going balls to the wall on it so I get that its just a different way then most of us would do it.

Good luck and welcome to the community hopefully there is info or bikes on here that'll help shape yours into your dream bike.:thumbsup:

O and thanks Ive been working really hard building my bike.

·
I think im lost
573 Posts
I had almost 0% bike specific knowledge when I got back onto bikes a few years ago
I tore into my xs1100 big plans little thought... Down to bare frame started to put her back together
Wanted to ride so went out got A Gsxr 750 oil boiler messed with it a bit
And half way through that ended up traiding my jeep for a wrecked Cbr600rr that I've mow rebuilt a few times now
Sometimes you just gatta dive in and see where it goes

Post up pics of your bike as you get work done
Th zx11 is a bitch to make look good
And I have 2 out in the garage that will be up on the chopping block next year ;)
Good luck mate waiting to see what all you do

·
The Big Homie
1,283 Posts
Ghhhheya.... Welcome and congrats on the bike!

If it wasn't for Hybrid1300R, I would have probably never have turned a wrench on my bike. Now I'm still apprehensive, but I have a couple brothers who are mechanics and my balls have indeed gotten harrier.

Big bike for sure, but I've know a 5 1/2ft chick who weighed 110lbs that bought a Busa for her first bike. She was fine. If you take care, it's only going to do what you ask of it. I think you'll have a rip snorting good time.

Keep us posted as it comes along. Don't feel too bad about having a shop do werk, either. I still take mine to a shop now and then. Start with little things that you're comfy with and then push yourself as time goes along... Kind of like learning to do anything else.

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
That's a lot of scratch to build an old bike up. Hopefully you have some major modification plans for that kinda dough. You could almost buy and fighter two newer, lighter, sportier bikes for that kind of money and keep the zx11 for a commuter bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.