Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Welcome to the new day...
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a great day... sort of 1st the good stuff and some findings that might help people out.

Ok as I said this track is about 2 kilometers with 14 turns.

A bit technical and not much straight away.

I mentioned before I wanted a 15 tooth front sprocket but I am thinking the days results thwarted that idea.

I put in the 4DP black book and re-jetted as well as put on the sugo pipes.

no porting just did only that.

MAN! I was gong like a raped ape. I knocked 8 full seconds off my time and I know I can do more but older tires prevented me form pushing too hard. new tires next session.

the thing really came into play about 9K and let off about 11.5 - 12

It was crisp no bogging no choking just a nice smooth power gain. When I came in after the 1st session my sponsor was grinning ear to ear yelling something in Chinese. then I asked him t speak English and he pointed to the board and told me I went down to 1:23 seconds from a 1:31.

COOL! :D

Then the other riders showed up. 1st session I had the track to myself.

The 600cc bikes got out there and diced it up a bit and I held my own I even blew a few in experienced 600 mounted riders out of the water.

I was feeling pretty good...And then............

The rear sets worked fine but the mechanic did not use lok-tite on the main bolt that holds on the peg. Doh!

I made it back to the pit row ok. But I have been driving a 1969 side car for a week and it has no brakes to speck of so I have been pretty used to grabbing g handful of brake in emergency stops.

Soooooo when I entered pit row rather hot (They have no rules on pit row speed here) some one stepped out in front of me. so I grabbed a hand full of front brake. (Bake brake inoperable due to bolt falling out)

Ahhhh these TZR brakes work good... no great! so great I did a frigin endo right there in front of God and everyone.

It was a nice endo really I was up about 80 degrees tail end up. Then, flip, smash, crash, bang bike landed hard on my right hip then on the left side on the pavement. I almost was able to jump off..... Almost. The bike tangled my left foot and we got mixed up and I ended up with a left foot, hip and knee hammered pretty hard by the bike when it landed on me and reminded me to respect its brakes ha ha.

Not too bad damage. Need a new foot peg.- got one. Need a new screen - got one. Need to be careful next time...noted.

I missed the person who stepped out in front of me so I guess that was cool. I am thinking the death of an old lady (Lady on bike vs. man in dump truck) on the way to the track this morning that I witnessed might have been in the back of my head but who knows. (she was completely dead eyes open staring at Buda I recon. (Happens al the time about 50,000 a year in Beijing alone. Sorry to be so frank but I have been here 4 years and lost track of the crashes and killings from vehicle accidents I have seen. It’s a daily occurrence here – you get a bit numb to it.)

Either way I am not too bad of pain wise the bike sustained minor damage and I did not kill anyone with a front end hit. So, all in all I guess things turned out as best they could.

The bike worked flawlessly and I was dragging knees in corners I never did before and I found a few really great lines that work well and I am sure helped drop the time. Also I re-read twist of the wrist Book 1 and 2 by Keith Code and got back to a few basics of racing

Ok that’s it bike will be fixed by Tuesday when I drop off the spare parts.

Here are a few pictures of the damage.

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Glad to see your OK Steve. Long time no speak !
I'll shoot ya an e-mail, got some idia's for the rearsets you'll need to know.
The nut on mine came loose too but I've riden more than 500 miles on mine so far and Adam put my rearsets on at the show and i realy didn't check them.

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
On another note. I reread those books every year and for the first few months of the season ; I practice all the exercizes !!

A great way to stay sharp and also progress each year.:knucks:

·
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah thanks guys, did you know out dated muscle relaxers still work especially when you mix them with 1600 miligramss of pain killers ha ha ha.

Feeling a bit oooooozy right now.

Is it me or does this swollen hip make my ass look big ha ha ha ha :LolLolLolLol:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
wow steve! glad your okay man!

hey in that second pic it looks like you have a samurai sword mounted on your bike (like in kill bill) hahaha.

killin em on the track! good shit man!

·
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ha ha ha thats actually whats left of my silencer.

Oh here is a pic of the track if it makes any sense.

the numbers were where we were working out the gears to be in.
Did nto end up being exactly like that but it was a good place to start. I changed my gearing around and had to relearn the track a bit with the new gear ratio.

I actually did better when I went with what I felt adn nto what made sense. I jsut pushed shifted and rode and it worked out. After a bit I just knew on what corner how many times to shift down on entry and up on exit.

Got some good wheelies out of the turn one whch is the hair pin at the end of the straight away and I lost the back end a few times as well. I gassed it a bit to get a bit of a spin and let the bike stabalize.

Good lesson to learn there. I had just read about that and sure enough is saved me from an otherwise highside had I chopped the throttle off.

when in doubt....... Gas it!

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
looks like fun, good thing your ok. keep us posted on how the season goes for you.

·
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yup get a good endo out of the way and start the season out right.

I think it was the new leathers. They had not been down yet and I thnk they still were magnitized to the earth .

You know new leathers how they jsut want to get back on the ground and scuff around a bit. No one likes shinny new leathers anyway. You look too much like a poser ha ha.

So they have been "Mother earth de-magnetized" for sure now ha ha ha.

Now when I race on the 4th I don't have to worry about my leathers wanting to put me on the ground. lol

·
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Try dropping to the ground in the pits and rolling around a bit it seemed to de-magnitize them .....no, really.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts