Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Goodafternoon everyone,

I have here my 1st street fighter! It is a 1990 suzuki katana 750 what was originally stock is now semi modified.

Bought it for $800 from Craigslist owner said needed carburetors sure enough that was all it needed bought some rebuilt carbs from katriders.com and sure enough it started right up runs perfect even at 37k miles!

I don't like the original old school look of the kat so I bought a gsxr tail fairing and seat and cut frame and welded a support.

It blended nicely but was not as comfortable as I wanted.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Did not feel sturdy enough so I welded a support bracket from the tail light support.

Since it was winter I didn't ride it at all. A few months later spring came about and it was time to get the bike ready only thing was it was running like crap, took some jetting and a good bench sync lol

On the mean time my buddy who has a 07 cbr 1000rr dropped his bike and trashed all his fairings except the tail and cowl. He gave me all the fairings for free. I decided to give the seat a try and cut my original kat seat.

Sure enough the cbr cowl and fairing fit perfect and in place like it was supposed to be there originally!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Removed the headlight mount and ordered a 2.5 in projector fog light for a car.

Oh and I picked up a 1996 zx9! (;

Too bad it needs the starter clutch replaced it's currently a stand still project have to many cars that need to be finished first!

Well the projector light arrived from eBay. It honestly sucks lol no light output

By the way I picked up a gsxr 1000 dual two brothers exhaust system and a rk 520 chain and vortex sprocket!

Here's my old ninja 500 and the kat!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well guys here's a pretty big update!!!!

I have finally put the 1993 Suzuki GSXR 750 fuel tank, with a 1992 gsxr 1000 fuel petcock, hooked up the fuel lines and the bad boy started right up! I cut the subframe and welded it in a upward position, also I am using a 1996 ninja zx9 seat from my ninja 900 that I never use.

Enjoy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts