Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked this bike up off of my room mate who bought it as a chopped up bobber build that he was never gonna do anything with so I ended up trading him one of my old helmets and 45 bucks for it. Not to bad if you ask me!!

How it was when I got it from him

I had an old bandit swingarm, wheel and rear brake assembly that I bought off my buddy Jed so I decided to use that

Had to make pivot tube spacers and pivot bearing races so I could use the kz650 pivot bolt.

Picked up a pair of zrx1200 rear shocks off a buddy here locally
And I had to make shock mounts on the swinga for them since the bandit was originally a mono shock

I am using a 02 gsxr750 front end on here and I had to use the kz650 stem in the gixxer triples but the kz stem measured smaller than the gixxers did. So my only solution to this was to turn the kz stem down a bit smaller, make a collar the size off the gixxers stem, weld them together and press it into the gixxer lower

I have went ahead and made a seat pan and cut my foam, this is actually my third go at the seat the first two were pretty terrible.

My buddy told me the 1st gen busa 6 pots would be a straight swap on the front end but he was way wrong. I ordered a set and the mounts don't line up on the forks so I think I will just use these on the bandit build that I'm planning next

That is pretty much it for now, I still need to weld up my rear hoop, make my braces for the frame, align my sprockets, get a front brake setup and wheel, and do my motor swap.
I am picking up an 02 gixxer 600 motor tonight and planning on putting it in there! Fingers crossed

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks mdm!!
I just read thru your whole build on your kz and that thing is gonna be awesome!
I was originally planning on doing a gpz750 top end on mine turbod but my buddy told me to come pick this gixxer motor up for free if I wanted it so I figured what the hell

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks uf!
I liked your kz a lot, you do some really cool work!

Well I wasn't able to pick up my motor tonight so instead I came home and worked on the bandit a little bit. I picked it up last weekend for a steal and it had a wiring issue so I borrowed pretty much all of my buddies electrical off his b6 since he's not using it at the moment and I think we've just about got the problem narrowed down.

Anyways, hopefully picking up the motor tomorrow!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No progress on the motor yet, I've been trying to get out to my buddies to pick it up but just haven't had the time lately.

Mdm that would be awesome if you could get me the pics of your motor mounts.
I would greatly appreciate it.

Speedyriple1050- I think what I have decided to do is to just get a set of gsxr750 calipers that way I know they will work and then put a busa front end on my bandit and just use the 6 pots on that bike.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I picked up my motor last night. I haven't had a chance to mess with it yet. I flipped a stoppie on my 1000rr a couple months back and have been neglecting it riding around with broke plastics so I spent the day epoxying, sanding and painting.

Tomorrow I'm going to the hair scramble race here in town and after that I'm gonna pull the motor on the kz and see what it's gonna take to get this thing in there.

I need to find a set of throttle bodies, wiring harness and try to figure out what the absolute smallest radiator I can use reliably is. Maybe off an sv650?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts