Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Subscribed!
Love me a buell build....
Nice looking head pipes too lol..

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
I ordered new shifter linkage and a primary cover gasket, and for some reason it is taking forever to get to my house.
:LolLolLolLol: I once waited 2 weeks for fork seals for a set of s1 forks, kinda getting to be bull shit :) Long story short the forks ended up being bent. But I have a good set on a bike that I'll need them for eventually. Unless I switch to a jap frontend.

Like the headlight man! Is that a stocker off a newer big twin?

·
Cyclone2000
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:LolLolLolLol: I once waited 2 weeks for fork seals for a set of s1 forks, kinda getting to be bull shit :) Long story short the forks ended up being bent. But I have a good set on a bike that I'll need them for eventually. Unless I switch to a jap frontend.

Like the headlight man! Is that a stocker off a newer big twin?
Im still waiting! ha, and dangg they were bent? that really sucks, but yes it is off of one of my dads ultraclassics, I'm actually really amazed it bolted up! I love the way it looks compared to the stock one, a lot clearer and even brighter. http://www.customfighters.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Loose?! Yeah I'd say so man :)
How did the primary chain adjuster block look?
Looking good on the black...

·
Feckin Eejit!
6,961 Posts
Every primary chain I've looked at on an XL motor has been loose. The buddy of mine I bought my 87 883 off of (the 87's was loose) replaced the 87 with an 04 1200 and when we were going over it I checked and his was out of spec with only 4k miles on it.

He didn't know primary oil was separate from crankcase oil... And I bought a bike from him... Luckily he never rides his bikes. So the primary oil in the bike I bought was 25years old but only had 3k miles on it.

·
Cyclone2000
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Every primary chain I've looked at on an XL motor has been loose. The buddy of mine I bought my 87 883 off of (the 87's was loose) replaced the 87 with an 04 1200 and when we were going over it I checked and his was out of spec with only 4k miles on it.

He didn't know primary oil was separate from crankcase oil... And I bought a bike from him... Luckily he never rides his bikes. So the primary oil in the bike I bought was 25years old but only had 3k miles on it.
dang, looks like I'm going to start checking up on it more often!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Love Buells. Just got an xb9s. Definitely need to add a tuber to the stall as well though! Looking forward to more on this build.

1 - 20 of 398 Posts