Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

2000 Buell Cyclone build

53K views 397 replies 27 participants last post by  Dakotaplatt 
#1 ·
Im new to this! I have a few plans for my bike and I'm very excited!

See less See more
#2 ·
Subscribed!
Love me a buell build....
Nice looking head pipes too lol..

#6 ·
:LolLolLolLol: I once waited 2 weeks for fork seals for a set of s1 forks, kinda getting to be bull shit :) Long story short the forks ended up being bent. But I have a good set on a bike that I'll need them for eventually. Unless I switch to a jap frontend.

Like the headlight man! Is that a stocker off a newer big twin?

#11 ·
Loose?! Yeah I'd say so man :)
How did the primary chain adjuster block look?
Looking good on the black...

#12 ·
Every primary chain I've looked at on an XL motor has been loose. The buddy of mine I bought my 87 883 off of (the 87's was loose) replaced the 87 with an 04 1200 and when we were going over it I checked and his was out of spec with only 4k miles on it.

He didn't know primary oil was separate from crankcase oil... And I bought a bike from him... Luckily he never rides his bikes. So the primary oil in the bike I bought was 25years old but only had 3k miles on it.

#29 ·
Alrightt so i've got a crap ton of shots to post, went through and changed the gauge light, both turn signal indicators, and the neutral indicator to LED's! Gives it an awesome look! I also got my bar end mirrors today and installed them! A lot cleaner looking, and I scrubbed off my front turn signal lens's (someone before me tinted them very dark, very awkward in the daytime when people don't know i'm turning).

#34 ·
The gauge light setup is freaking sweet man!
Like the mirrors a lot better too!

#35 ·
Thanks man! Im loving to color change too, looks pretty good at night! I actually love the mirrors too they look a lot better, and really don't vibrate that much, ALTHOUGH one of the bolts were a little too loose, and my right side mirror FLEW off, i rode back and retrieved it, found another bolt that would fit and tightened it a crap ton.
I now love them again! haha

#36 ·
Little bit of loctite on bolts like those goes a long ways even if they seem tight. I've lost a few different bolts out of my sportster and learned the loctite lesson the hard way :)

#38 ·
Fuse box cover, air cleaner cover and filter, kick stand, and cruise control set screw....Shit I've lost from bolts loosening :)

kick stand was funny. I get to the gas station to fill the bike throw my foot under the bike and.....wait where the fuck did that go!

Lol it builds character owning something like that!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.