Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after finishing my Fiance's GS500 build and moving I have finally gotten to start on my bike build. My vision for this is a cafe fighter look. As of right now I have torn the bike down to a frame sent it to a buddy of mine to weld, but after 2 months of having it he was never able to get to it, so I put wheels and tank back on for mock up purposes finally dropped it off yesterday with another guy that said it should be done within 2 weeks. Anyways, I essentially cut off the whole sub frame in order for him to weld on a new one for the seat I got. That is were I sit now. Plans are always changing of course, as of right now my plans are for Subaru BBS gold on the wheels, have the frame powdered coated satin black and paint the fender, tank and seat a dark brick red maybe. Still on the fence with the color.

Anyways here is some pics...
Day i picked her up, notice the horrible green flame paint job lol

After paint

Mock up of the new tail.

And how she sits now, I will get more pics as soon as I get her back from the welder.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally got the bike back from the welder. I wasn't to keen on what he did with the bottom tubing for the subframe at first, but the more I look at it, it is realy growing on me. Plus it makes for a perfect spot to mount the led strips I am going to use for the turn signals. Anyways, starting to put it back together so I can get a few rides in this season before I tear down again this winter for paint and some part upgrades. Here is a few preview pics, I'm pretty stoked!

Bringing it home

How the seat will be mounted

And the best part.... that sexy ass lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Little update, finally got the front controls on and after picking up a new front master cylinder to fit the shorty levers i was able to get the front brakes bled with new fluid. Next on the list is getting some new o-rings for the water pipes on the head and then i can add coolant and oil. I'm saving the wire harness headache for last. PO did a hack job on it so I'm gonna have to take it all apart and rewire it. probably gonna do a temp paint job on it with either all black with a red stripe down the middle or a dark red with a white stripe. Opinions?

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Yeah, vrod headlight...
7" may look a big with that small tail...
Sportster's headlights are 5-3/4" round.. jus' sayn'

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got the bike back together finally, I decided to put the fairings back on so I could use the original headlights since the new one is gonna cost me 200 that I don't have right now. I wanted to get some riding in before the end of the season since I am making payments on this bike and hate paying for something that I'm not using. Anyways, when I turned the key it just cranks and cranks, I know it's getting fuel so I'm thinking it might be a spark issue. I will get you guys a picture soon of how it sits now, I'm kinda digging it because it gives it a race bike look to me.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts