Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband (mcantar) bought the bike off of CF a few months ago, it was a deal we couldn't refuse. He was hoping to turn it into a track bike but I claimed it as mine :D
It's been sitting in the corner of the garage for a little while now and we're finally getting around to Ding some W on it.
This is my first time building anything and I want to do as much of it as I can myself, so any guidance is appreciated.

It showed up from TN as a rolling chassis with an engine, with the rest of the parts in a box accompanying it or just missing.
A quick look down the intake (throttle body was in the box of parts) showed surface rust and other crud on the valves, so out came the engine and it went to our friend's shop for an inspection. It showed 35% leakdown on one of the cylinders, so a complete valve job was done while we collected the parts we didn't already have for it.
Got it back and threw it back into the frame, along with a new set of steering stem bearings since the front end had been off anyway. Also installed the throttle bodies, exhaust, and radiator while we were at it.
Picked up a 954 ECU and harness from another member here, and we're currently working that one into the bike.

Pics to come.

Not really sure where I want this build to go, just gonna play it by ear. Any input is very welcome.

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,993 Posts
I didn't see an intro thread in the Welcome Center. None of us know who the fuck you are, noob! :stupid:

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,382 Posts
Just posted it, so you can fuck right off.
Double repped for that one!

Welcome aboard.

:ttiwwop:

And since you asked for suggestions:

:nos:

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
Hi
I didn't see an intro thread in the Welcome Center. None of us know who the fuck you are, noob! :stupid:
Damn...

Just posted it, so you can fuck right off.
DAMN!!!

Score one point for the lady! :rock:

Welcome to CF.

Are you gonna run a solo seat? Or do you need to keep a pillion pad since Mcantar obviously rides bitch. ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He rides bitch more than I do...

I don't love the look of the tail section, but it comes with a lot of storage so I will keep that stock for now.

·
3,993 Posts
Few pics. Have to upload the rest. They're all on MY computer which is why she couldn't post them.

As it came, with the grey box in front of it containing the extra parts. Header came from eBay.

Starting the teardown. Not that there was much to tear down, but...

Pulled the engine. Really not a fan of the swingarm pivot design.

Worst of the valves, think this was cyl. 1 but I don't completely remember. The rest were either gunked up or perfectly fine, but it was enough to warrant running it down to my tuner's shop.

Engine back in after valve job, along with steering stem bearings (Mattson, this is where your sticker came from :D)

As it sits now with the exhaust and rad in. I'm trying to convince her to just chop that flange on the end of the midpipe and run it as is, but the can that's coming off the Bandit fits the bolt pattern so something may happen with that. We'll see.

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
If your husband gets near the gas tank with a hammer and a smile, use of deadly force may be authorized....

:D :fu:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Vrimmel is that shiney thing sticking out of the front of the engine because its pleased to see you :) or is it one of those washable oil filter things, if its the latter get rid and fit an normal filter, they look OK but don't filter very well you risk knackering the motor.

·
10,941 Posts
Vrimmel is that shiney thing sticking out of the front of the engine because its pleased to see you :) or is it one of those washable oil filter things, if its the latter get rid and fit an normal filter, they look OK but don't filter very well you risk knackering the motor.
re-useable billet oil filter? Only good for paper weights, I had one fitted to my turbo gsxr, destroyed the engine within 30 miles

·
Administrator
5,263 Posts
Loving this thread already!

Love those headers too!

Welcome, love a good 929 build

The banter reminds me of sideshows "thorburt" thread. Although hes still slightly ahead coz he banters with himself haha.
Ha! Actually Mrs. Bob used to chime in on his older threads and give him grief all the time too.

·
3,993 Posts
:doh:
I knew there was something I was forgetting. Meant to take the billet filter bullshit off before the headers went on.

·
3,993 Posts
Stuck the airbox on. The cable that actuates the flapper thingy was missing the nut that secures it to the airbox, so I made an executive decision and just gutted the flapper stuff completely. Worst case scenario it runs like crap and we reinstall it, but those things are usually more about noise and emissions control than performance so I don't foresee it being an issue.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts