Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies and Gents

I recently procurred this 2001 TL at a local auction house.. I bought it sight unseen, just off the photos and video provided by the auction house. After being awarded the highest bid I actually started researching the bike and tracked it's original build back to this website.. How funny right?

I appreciate all the hard work that went into the bike although a lot of it was done to the previous owner's personal taste and our riding styles don't seem to mesh.. I have been riding it for a few days and really feel the need to adjust the seating position and swap the handlebars to a clip on or something lower.. I have owned a lot of different bikes, and know how to fit a bike to my riding style.. Beyond that I am going to make a few other cosmetic and safety changes and just enjoy the bike..

Changes:

Paint- paint looks nice he did a good job but I really want the bike black, I want the frame black etc..

Seat- Needs to be recovered, cracked and torn in areas..

Headlight- I feel it needs to be a bit larger- more like a 7" I think..

Tail- I am going to drop the tail about 15 to 20 degrees right now it slams my "junk" hard up against the tank, not loving that..

Bars- Clip ons have to go back on, the bike's steering is very unresponsive, feels disconnected from the road and tends to oversteer.

Gauges- Has none.. Needs something so I know how fast I am going.

Additional Lighting- Needs front indicators, and license plate light.

Clean ups and bits- Needs some general fixing up, most things aren't bolted down.., Doesnt currently have a horn..

The TL with it's brother my gs750 Cafe and a buddy's BMW..

Attachments

·
GURU of da poo poo
5,717 Posts
Bars tend to make a bike more responsive to input. Getting the suspension dialed in will have a dramatic effect on this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I flipped the dirt bars and it is more like what I am use to.. Haven't done too much recently just riding it around, bolting loose stuff up etc.. The major work will begin when my wife lightens up about the purchase..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts