Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have a chance to get a 2002 GSXR rolling frame with everything but the motor. Now I was wondering how much modding it would take to put an under 500cc motor in it? Was thinking about GS500 or Bandit 400 motor. Insurance is stupid expensive here and under 500cc is affordable. If not then maybe I could make it a race bike and just get a 750 to put back in it.

·
Sick of being frozen
1,086 Posts
Don't know where you live, but if I went to insure a GSXR, I'm pretty sure the insurance company wouldn't care if I downsized the engine. I'm sure I'd still be paying full Gixxer price.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Insurance here is based on cc. 0-499, 500-999, 1000+ Forgot about the GSXR400, that motor should fit. I love 2 strokes, I should see if I can get a 350LC motor in it.

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
Insurance here is based on cc. 0-499, 500-999, 1000+ Forgot about the GSXR400, that motor should fit. I love 2 strokes, I should see if I can get a 350LC motor in it.
Yes but they know how many ccs based on the Vin number which will come up with original engine size.

·
Blood,Sweat N Beers
897 Posts
yea but the frame/ vin have vin plates. if he was to put in a gsxr400 or a bandit 400 in his existing gsxr roller.. he would just give the vin plate off motor to insurance.. you insure the bike but register/ insure the motor.. off vin plate stamped on motor..

reason as to how they can make any frame in the world work around a specific motor they desire..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ended up getting a 1984 gs750 and the front and rear suspension from a 2000 GSXR600. New project thread started.

·
1,533 Posts
engines don't have vin plates. they have numbers stamped into them, that are not fucking vins.

do you even know what the fuck a vin is?

Vehicle Identification Number.

the number on your engine is not federally regulated to be uniform, like vins, and 17 digits.

its called an EIN. Engine Identification Number. Its not a fucking vin.

Dont spread fucking ignorance.

As well, every fucking state is different in how they deal with registration and custom vehicles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts