Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2 stroke sniffer
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I've already shown some of you what the bike currently looks like in my opening/newbie thread. For those that don't know what this little beaut looks like..

Added some reflective rim tape in red, really sets the bike off. At about halfway through I thought to myself why am I bothering as I'll be changing the rear and front wheels for different ones. :(. Either way it looks good now. :)

It's not that you can see the damage to the fairings from the previous owner throwing it down the road on it's right side, luckily it's all relatively minor. When I start this project fully I will be taking the fairing off and repairing. Either to put back on when/if I come to sell, or to sell the fairing on seperately.

Now this is where I need opinions! What are the options around swingarms and forks? I want USDS I know that and from what I've seen a set of Aprilia RS125 forks will fit nicely. With regards to the rear end I want a single sided swingarm. The bike breakers close to me have an Aprilia AF125 Futura.. which has a good condition single sided swingarm and the sprocket is the same side as the NSRs front sprocket. :D

Let me know what you think :)

So the plans. Well as I'm new to the streetfightering scene (This being only my second bike, and my first streetfighter) I don't have alot of ideas or alot of information on what's what. I have google relentlessly streetfightered 125's and alot of people have gone down the route of big ole' stick up rears. I don't want that at all. I'm thinking slim subtle rear end, CBR600RR, R6 Tailpiece or something similar. Using my original subframe just modified to suit.

·
2 stroke sniffer
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's me agaaaiinnnn, I'ts finally started!

So I was sorting the shed out yesterday as I'm planning on extending it 10 or so feet to include more benches and machines etc :)

Anyway I came across this little beauty that I totally forgot I had. It's an old XR125 Supermoto front light that I kept incase I'd ever need it. I offered it up and it looks epic I think. Sits nice and close to the frame and covers all the necessary shit.

I'll let the pics talk. :)

Reminds me of cyclopse, looking head on to it it looks menacing! :D Comments welcome :)

·
Registered
1,337 Posts

·
2 stroke sniffer
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that head light looks cool subed
Thanks, it's got good light output too. Although I've got an issue with the lights since I've had the bike.

When I'm sitting at the lights or stopped with the bike running, the lights are fine and have good light output. As soon as I rev the bike or set off they dim. If I touch the front brake or back brake enough to activate the brake they return to normal. I will add that there is no ignition on the bike as I lost the keys and had to do a pikey job of it. Could it be the battery is fucked beyond repair? or is it more of a regulator or rectifier problem?

Either way, it looks cool and the front end is so light now. Can't wait to get the USD's on and beef it all up more. :D

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Checking to make sure all your ground points are good would be an inexpensive test for the electrical problem.

Subscribed, I like that light a lot it has a great side profile to it!
Keep it up man...

·
2 stroke sniffer
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree, I was worried it had to much of a 'dive' to it with regards to the bottom of the light but it seems to suit the bike well.

I have no clue about the wiring on this bike, as my old bike was a crosser for the road and the wiring was so basic. Someone said about a bad earth?

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Someone said about a bad earth?
Right, "earth" is another word for ground. I'd start with the easiest and make sure the neg. cable is tight on the battery.

·
2 stroke sniffer
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Right, "earth" is another word for ground. I'd start with the easiest and make sure the neg. cable is tight on the battery.
Ha, sorry. I know the term, I meant it as a question. Could that be a contributing factor though? The lights never go off, they just dim enough to be hard to see..

·
2 stroke sniffer
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorted the lights out, then put all the fairings back on because I've acquired another, better bike to streetfighter. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts