Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1wheelfelons
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to swap out the front end in my next build,so im asking if it is possable to swap out any ducati front ends with my 03 1000ds. My 03 ds has 43mm forks looking for around a 52-53 so I can get nice yokes and aftermarket parts easyrrrrrrrrrr!

help a brother out.

·
"Fuck yo couch" -Socrates
1,010 Posts
You duc should have 50x54 43mm USD Showas on it now. 43mm refers to the inner fork tube diameter.

Depending on Stem height, any Duc triples with the 35mm stem (ALL SBK's, and basically every other model past the 2000 mark) should just bolt right in.

Depending on the stem height you may have to use 748E triples(non adjustable headstock) or any other SBK triple. All would give you the ability to run any of the 53x53mm SBK fully adjustable 43mm Showa forks.

If the smaller height stem fits though, you could run the 56mm base and use Ohlines forks as well.

Good luck with the project.

·
1wheelfelons
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so if I was to look for clip ons what number would I look at? Thanks for the info, I will still keep on looking on how to do this. I found a R1 set up on craigs list(whole front end everything 2012) for 700$ but dont know if it would fit.

Ill take your info down and look at the other ducatis front ends.

Does anyone know stem lengths that I can cross referance to see if a monster front end would work are any other types?

Also does it take a special tool to take the stem apart, the nut on top looks differant from anything ive ever worked on. I just got the bike 2 days ago and started takeing it apart. im new to the ducati word. just always wanted one:nuts: and put my own touches to it!:robssmilie:

·
"Fuck yo couch" -Socrates
1,010 Posts
If you have the 50/54 forks like the monsters then you would need 50mm clip ons.

I would ask over on Ducati.ms about the stem lengths. Not exactly sure myself as to what the different stem heights are, for swapping another duc front end on that's the place to inquire.

As for the top steering stem nut, you will need the special removal tool. They can be found on ebay for a couple bucks pretty cheap.

R1 won't work as all later Ducati's basically all run 35mm ID stem bearings. Only stuff that really fits are other italian bike stems like Aprilia, MV Augusta, Bimota, etc.

If I recall pretty much all japanese SBK bikes are 30mm ID.

Somewhere on there is a big list of fork sizes and stem bearing sizes. Think it's stickied in the suspension section.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts