Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

2004 Ninja 250R which parts?

3K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  joshdavis22 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. Im new and im not sure where to put this sorry, I was wanting to jump into making streefighter bikes So i bought an 04 Ninja 250R..for $750...the front nose fairing was gone and id like to put aftermarket headlight/nose on. Id love to get the Z1000 look...does anyone have any ideas?
Also, could i fit the 08 ZZR 600 tail onto the 250 if I modify the underseat frame? thanks.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi and welcome to CF.

I just thought I'd chime in on your second question about mounting a different tail onto your 250.... the short answer is yes, it is possible.

The long answer is it depends on many factors, but mostly depends on your experience and fabrication skills... for someone with minimal fabrication and mechanical experience it may be challenging or near impossible. For other people (many on this forum) who are very talented at design and fabrication of custom parts this may be an extremely easy swap.

Of course budget, tools available, and time are also considerations. If you have a $50 dollar budget, no tools except a screw driver and socket set, and trying to do the swap in a weekend... it might be a challenge. If you have a $1000 budget, access to a machine shop, and planning a winter long project... then might be very easy for you.

Anyway, asking "can I do blah, blah, blah..." will always be yes without knowing any details. Its really a question you need to be asking yourself. Personally, I'd say to chop the shit out of that little 250, make a new frame with better geometry, add some crazy body work off a Z-whatever and have a ton of fun with it:party-smiley:

keep us posted on your progress.

#4 ·
I see, thankx guys! Ill probbly torch the tail frame and weld the support bars closer to the engine. ill keep posted!

#5 ·
Subscribed for action!

Lot's of potential in these bikes.. Just stay away from that damn acerbis headlight :)

#6 ·
Sooo...i started easy..took side fairing off and painted gloss black..ill take off the fender, gas tank, and tail and paint them later tnight...
I also bought a 2002 zx6 tail fairing for 23$ off ebay! Has some cracks but im gonna bondo them
Then retro/fab it onto my 250 (hope itll look okay) Cant wait! Pics coming soon. And...a cheapo acerbis may be all i can afford headlightwise until i save a lil more for a nicer one. Going with black/red highlight scheme.

#7 ·
Im back. sorry for the wait...i took the carbs apart and cleaned em good and now shes runnin almost like new. heres some updated pics.
I made some brackets for the zzr600 tail, and cut and custom formed the stock seat. Still have some more work and wiring to do to it though. I bought the zzr600 taillights and an Acerbis Vision headlight :ninja::winko:

Attachments

#9 ·
Thanks! I just finished wiring/installing the headlight...now on to installing and wiring the ZZR6 taillight...then modifying the fender and cutting the fairings to fit the zzr600 tail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.