Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my winter project, I bought it this fall with the intention to flip it in spring. It has a lot performance mods on it, and the previous owner took immaculate care of it. I just can't leave a bike fully faired, and it has become my new project over the winter.

This is it when we just got it home, took a few group shots.

Last week I brought it inside for the winter, and looking at it everyday started the conversion.

And this is the result of a few hours of work, and a great blank canvas.

I plan to get a nice headlight, handlebar conversion, new tires, possibly paint the wheels gold, get some more gold on the bike in general, and a nice mount for my phone. My last few fighter projects never really panned out the way I thought they would, so here's hoping the third time's the charm.

·
UTINNI
63 Posts
Oh man, i thought it looked nice as is, if your going to just flip it are you going to save the original things to go along with the bike? Idk for me i like seeing a bike thats been used, abused & gave up on, brought back to life with whole new character. Anyways don't mind me, im just rambling good luck and hope all goes well for ya with it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh man, i thought it looked nice as is, if your going to just flip it are you going to save the original things to go along with the bike? Idk for me i like seeing a bike thats been used, abused & gave up on, brought back to life with whole new character. Anyways don't mind me, im just rambling good luck and hope all goes well for ya with it.
You actually hit the nail on the head there, I want to set up everything on the bike where it can be swapped out and fully faired in an hour or so of work. So, nothing I will be doing will be modifying anything that is needed for the fairings. I think the hardest thing to figure out will be the handlebars, I haven't done much research yet to see what I can fit under the stock fairing that can be adjusted up when the bike is naked.

As for the flipping, I will have 2 bikes for sale in the spring and whichever sells first, I will keep the other. My other bike is an 2003 sv1000n that I planned on customizing, but lost interest due to the fact that I think is basically prefect as it sits.

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
as for ur bars, u can get them in from 0 rise up to 3" rise, and when u put in back to stock u can either get a replacement rise piece or just slide them down in the forks some to clear the fairings. my buddy has the 3" rise, theyre not quite like dirt bars but very very close, i enjoy riding his bike.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/woodcraft-clip-ons-with-risers

or u can get an extra upper triple to drill for risers and dirt bars then just switch them when its time to go back to stock. i have 0 rise woodcraft clipons on my r6, and have the triple drilled for bars, i leave the clipon piece in place and just take the bar piece out when im using dirt bars. i love it.

u can see them in this pic under the triple with dirt bars fully installed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
as for ur bars, u can get them in from 0 rise up to 3" rise, and when u put in back to stock u can either get a replacement rise piece or just slide them down in the forks some to clear the fairings. my buddy has the 3" rise, theyre not quite like dirt bars but very very close, i enjoy riding his bike.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/woodcraft-clip-ons-with-risers

or u can get an extra upper triple to drill for risers and dirt bars then just switch them when its time to go back to stock. i have 0 rise woodcraft clipons on my r6, and have the triple drilled for bars, i leave the clipon piece in place and just take the bar piece out when im using dirt bars. i love it.

u can see them in this pic under the triple with dirt bars fully installed.

I figured clip ons would be the fastest to convert back and forth, and those look even easier with the riser option. How much longer of brake lines do you need for the dirt bars?

BADASS.

now send me the old fairings :) jk but let me know if you need help with anything, ive been in and out of mine a few times over

I think I am going to keep them for now, if this becomes my long term bike then they will definitely go up for sale. Also, I think it was your bike that inspired me to want to fighter my friends blue R1, and when he wouldn't let me, I knew I would find one and show him what potential it has. Bonus question, how do you like that gpr stabilizer? I have always disliked the feeling of the stock one, and that was on my to do list if I end up keeping it.

·
trogdor, the burninator
392 Posts
love my gpr, had it on my two r6's before this. would never let the front wheel leave the ground without one, the quick adjustability means you can crank it down easily before a u-turn or parking lot, or crank up at high speeds

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Made a bit more progress on the bike, I have decided to go with some graves clipons for now. I am not going to tackle the handlebar conversion until I am sure I am keeping it.

~ So the List is as follows ~
Get all the hand controls on the clipons
Find some gold forks to trade for my black ones, or paint them
Paint the wheels gold and get some new tires, the rear is almost done
Get the rear sets anodized gold, that's it for the gold for now
Figure out what I am going to about the headlight, which leads me to the next idea

I got this projector unit out of a car headlight for free, and I think it will work great on the bike. I just need some sort of creative way of housing it, it is 3.5 inches tall by 4 inches wide and 5 inches long.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
+rep for bike in the house!
The garage is kinda full right now.

Just buttoning up a few things to make sure everything that has been re-routed still works. Still not sure what direction to go in for the headlight, urban, classic round, or fighter mask.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
3 Posts
BADASS.

now send me the old fairings :) jk but let me know if you need help with anything, ive been in and out of mine a few times over

Im curious how u mounted the speedo to the tank cowl!!! Im currently converting my 08 r6 into a fighter and plan to go this route. Closer photos and/or explanation of that process would be dope. Also, some insight on those "frame cowls" u got going on there.

·
Breaking shit...
3,368 Posts
Im curious how u mounted the speedo to the tank cowl!!! Im currently converting my 08 r6 into a fighter and plan to go this route. Closer photos and/or explanation of that process would be dope. Also, some insight on those "frame cowls" u got going on there.

6 years dude. thats how long its been since this thread was last updated. kinda doubt the OP will answer but if you search around theres plenty of builds where guys relocated gauges and showed how to do it.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,755 Posts
worth a shot! haha. yes there are def lots of Gauge relocation threads.

Reactions: CK 187

·
Registered
3 Posts
6 years dude. thats how long its been since this thread was last updated. kinda doubt the OP will answer but if you search around theres plenty of builds where guys relocated gauges and showed how to do it.
Actually if that were true i wouldn't ask. If you find something do let me know cause this was one of few i saw like this.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts