Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm Lorenzo and I'm brand new to these forums!! :thumbsup: I just bought my first motorcycle last weekend! It's a 2005 500R with 8,000 miles on it, got it for a steal! I bought it like this this. Since buying it, I've searched far and wide across the internet for help on this matter because personally, I think the situation in the rear of the bike borders tacky/kinda cool. I was hoping to make/(preferably)install a cheap, less "dramatic," tail that looks similar to this picture or something like that. Then perhaps finish it up with one of these cheap LEDs and later figure out the plate bracket situation and such. I think my rear frame was cut a little more than the ones in the pictures just by eyeballing it so i don't know if I can pull it off with the lack of frame unless I make a custom bracket for the rear tail light/ license plate. I'm hoping for minimal fab work b/c I'm not very experienced, however, I'm pretty good at following directions. :confused: :jpshakehead.sml: I'm open to any suggestions as well!

·
688 Posts
One of the "joys" of the EX500 is a steel frame which is easier and cheaper to work with than aluminum frames. The seats you chose look to be off a Ducati Monster and can be had off Ebay for $100-200. It looks like you'll need to extend the frame to support the seats you've chose or you can find a cheap used EX500 frame on Ebay in hopes of chopping off your current seat support and graft on a stock seat support. From there, you can do the modifications necessary to get the Monster seat to mount nicely.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts