Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone UK based.
About to start my 2005 R1 street fighter project. So far my intentions are to only convert the front end but this may grow馃榿. My first question is about cables. I鈥檓 aware that clutch/throttle and break lines will need to be exchanged for longer ones but will the electrical cable such as lights and so on will they extend to new positions on higher bars.
Many thanks
Sav

unlikely, I've never had to extend switch gear cabling, as for lights, you'll be fitting a light closer to the forks than they are in a fairing, so I doubt that will need extended either . Throttle and clutch may very well be fine too, just need re-routed , but yeah, brake lines will need replaced, I use Hel , never had an issue

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
unlikely, I've never had to extend switch gear cabling, as for lights, you'll be fitting a light closer to the forks than they are in a fairing, so I doubt that will need extended either . Throttle and clutch may very well be fine too, just need re-routed , but yeah, brake lines will need replaced, I use Hel , never had an issue
Thanks for your reply and help Yantosh. I鈥檝e been looking at Hel brake lines and seem to have good review. I鈥檓 hoping to keep the instrument panel by bringing it closer to the forks but may need to resite the steering damper.

Super Moderator
You may be able to use cables from a Fz1 of a similar year. Same style motor but uses higher handlebars, not clip-ons. Just a thought鈥

Later, Doug

Reactions: Savvyr1
1 - 9 of 9 Posts