Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after selling my 2003 636 in 2011 I've wanted to get another one so bad. An opportunity of a lifetime came up the other week and I decided to jump on it. One of my buddies had a 2005 636 that he only had for about 3 weeks before someone stole it and wrecked it. The police impounded it and it was returned to my friend about a week later. This was in Sept 2012. He hasn't tried starting the bike since it was recovered. It has been sitting in his garage for 13 months sealed but with no oil in it. Long story short I picked up the bike today for 400 bucks.

So I got her home, filled her up with oil, put in a fresh battery, new fresh tank of gas.

Now this is where the problems begin. When the bike was stolen they used a screwdriver to pry open the gas cap denting the tank and making the seal on the gas cap less than air tight. Also the thieves swapped ignitions and I dont have a key to the one they swapped in. I tried to hot wire the bike with no success. The exhaust servo spun but at no point did I hear the fuel pump come on.

When the bike was wrecked the gauge cluster was broken so it is impossible to read if the bike is primed by that. It does however still indicate the blinkers, neutral, oil and FI. When I tried to start the bike the FI light was strobing. There is probably still bad gas in the fuel rails. More to come later. If anyone has any suggestions for me on how to make this thing start easier let me know.

Got her started. Took the ignition to the dealer, big surprise the ignition that was on my bike wasnt regestered to that bike and the numbers were off a bike that had been stolen. So we just took it all apart so we could start it with a screwdriver. Runs like a top. No knocks or anything.

l got a headlight mounted up and wired in

Got the whole harness tucked behind the frame. looks much better.

First gen upper triple machined stem hole to fit.

Renthal fatbar installed

·
Registered
323 Posts
That was one helluva deal you got there. Wish I could fall into one like that. Looks good whats the speedo setup you are using? It looks sharp

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That was one helluva deal you got there. Wish I could fall into one like that. Looks good whats the speedo setup you are using? It looks sharp
Thanks man! When he told me he only wanted 400 for it the first thought through my head was "I don't want the wheels I want the whole bike." Clear title and everything. Its just the stock 05 zx6r speedo bolted to a piece of aluminum and its mounted to the under side of the triple using one of the clip on mounting holes.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I saw this the zx forum earlier. I'm building a 05 636 right now. I'm doing a bit more but yours is looking good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I saw this the zx forum earlier. I'm building a 05 636 right now. I'm doing a bit more but yours is looking good.
Yeah there is no way i could pull off the level of kawi-ducati-saki ness your bike will have. Im hoping every time I log on your thread is at the top with a killer new update. Keep up the good work man!

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Yeah there is no way i could pull off the level of kawi-ducati-saki ness your bike will have. Im hoping every time I log on your thread is at the top with a killer new update. Keep up the good work man!
Thanks I've got a lot of work into it already but Ive still got a long road ahead me

1 - 11 of 11 Posts