·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
can you just tell me so i dont have to click?:LolLolLolLol:

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can you just tell me so i dont have to click?
It's like 9 pages long, so NO! LOL! But, I will tell you the order they placed in:

In the original post, they are in order, just backwards:
6th Place Ducati 749S
5th Place Yamaha YZF-R6

4th Place Honda CBR600RR
3rd Place Kawasaki ZX-6R
2nd Place Suzuki GSX-R600
1st Place Triumph Daytona 675

So, there's the Cliff Notes version for all you lazy folks, but I will say this: there is a lot of good info in the article, that you will NEVER KNOW ABOUT! LOL!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
ive read like 5 of those...and because of that i figured they say the triumph was winner.

that bike is gettin rave reviews.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
daytona shouldnt count at 675 cc.. yeah go gixxer:rock:

hahaha the only thing the duck is good for is shooting (real ducks) wasting monies, and looking good.. ( i think they look good):ninja:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
gixxershane said:

hahaha the only thing the duck is good for is shooting (real ducks) wasting monies, and looking good.. ( i think they look good):ninja:
thats like when they were doing tests with the 636. everyone said hey no fair!

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think that if the bigger cc bikes were making more power, then yes, it would an unfair advantage. BUT...these bikes have more cc's and the same power:

Now look at their weights:
Ducati Superbike 749S: Weight: 435 lbs.
Triumph Daytona 675: Weight: 390 lbs.
Yamaha YZFR6: Weight: 396 lbs.
Honda CBR600 RR: Weight: 398 lbs.
Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R: Weight: 396 lbs.
Suzuki GSX-R 600: Weight: 407 lbs.

The Duck makes a LOT more torque due to the extra displacement, but with the extra lbs, its about fair, and hell, it loses, so if anything, it's at a disadvantage.

The Triumph is borderline... it DOES make more torque due to the added displacement, and it's actually the lightest bike in the grouph, so yea, its a little unfair no doubt...

BUT...
This is what the manufactureres offer in that class, and the other companies have that option of adding displacement, but choose not to for their own reasons. I think the fact that Triumph can make a bike with 75 more cc's and have it weigh less than all the other offerings in that class, is a hell of an accomplishment either way. And they pulled it off in a bike for $9,000, which is right in the range of the other bikes. I'm impressed. :party-smiley:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
id love to ride one. that and a new speed tripple. mmmmm

ive never even sat on a triumph.

·
Registered
387 Posts
gixxershane said:

Actually it is fair. The duc is allow to run in the supersport class as the limit for a twin is 750cc, due to the fact that an equivalent capacity twin will never match a four cylinder for power. Hence the max capacity allowable for a triple in SS is 675cc. Therefore the Daytona is eligible for supersport and has every right to be compared to the jap fours.

Good on Triumph for finally sticking it to the Japs (even if it is only going to last a year).:rock:

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Actually it is fair. The duc is allow to run in the supersport class as the limit for a twin is 750cc, due to the fact that an equivalent capacity twin will never match a four cylinder for power. Hence the max capacity allowable for a triple in SS is 675cc. Therefore the Daytona is eligible for supersport and has every right to be compared to the jap fours.
You nailed it right on the head! :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
Also, you can make more power with more revs. A four cylinder machine will allways rev harder than a triple, and again for a twin.

I tell ya, the more I read about this 675, the more I want one.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
i will stick with suzuki.. if i want a twin (witch i wouldnt mind owning) i would get a tlr.. or im not a honda fan but i do like the rc 51 :rock:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
BOOO!!! ^^ :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts