Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought this bike (mine is blue they are the black were on backorder but i'lll endup painteing it after i trash it a bit http://www.powersportsmax.com/product_info.php/cPath/33_47/products_id/295)

i purchased this bike because i am sick and tired of people takling down about these chinese knockoff dirtbikes and atv's when the person whom is trash talking them has prolly never ridden one nor seen one in person so here is what i thought when i intially recived the crate

i recived the crate today upon inspection i noticed it to be well built and verry sturdy i opened the crate (witch took a while because my cordless drill battery was dead and there are about 200 screws on the side

when you open the crate there is the bike with the front wheel zip tied to the opposite side of the crate as well as the handle bars (on the handle bars the controlls and grips are already installed also on the front wheel the rotor is installed and the bearings are already pressed in) for mounting the handle bars just remove the risertops set the bar in desired position and re install the tops of the risers the front wheel is a little tricker but nothing that someone who has worked on bikes befor can't do (the instructions suck they are on like a note card and there is small print and pics)

once the handlebars and front wheel is installed you are not ready to ride just yet first you have to remove the pipe plug (just rubber plug pulls out with minimum effort) then drain the watery thin shipping oil and add whatever 10w-30 oil you like (i added some harley davidson synthetic because i had a couple quarts leftover from when i changed the oil in the hareley(dad's)). after that you are ready to ride you just have to turn the key on and whale holding the shutoff button use kick start the bike 10 full times to circulate the oil after doing that you have to kick start the bike (mine didn't start immidetly
but that is because after filling the gas tank i forgot to turn on the fuel no big deal just turn the petcock to the run position) mine took 3 good kicks and about half throttle to initally start then after breaking in the bike for one full tank of fuel the battery was fully charged (they shipp the batterys dead for some reason just ride and the stator charges it in about 45minitues) i only used the electric start once (kicking is more fun for somereason idk) when using the electric start for the bike it spins the motor quickly and freely.

my first experence when riding the bike i was quite pleased even though i had to be patient and carefully braking'in the motor
after breaking the motor in and fine tuning the carb (came running a little on the lean side thus the reason for having to give it a little gas during the first start of the bike, but then again i never used the choke so that seems to be a good sign)

the bike pulls strong and sounds great (even better with the spark arrester removed but that made it run to lean so i reinstalled it until i can get jets) but it seems to run out of breath just before you hit the rev limiter (not 100% sure of what the redline is but my guess is about 8-8.5k but would easily spin to 10 givin a little better flowing exhaust and air filter possibly a snorkeloctomy) i have yet to run the bike to it's absalute limits but guessing on the fact that 3rd gear is about 45mph and if i redline 3rd and then shift from 3rd-5th the bike cuts the rpm in half so i fugure that about 65-70 mph is easily achiveable.

the brakes are nice i they are 220mm rotors front and back (plenty to stop the 241lbs bike at any speed just about) the only thing i don't understand is the front caliper is a single piston differential boar
but the rear is a twin piston caliper and the combined size of the rear pistons are about 60% larger than the front i don't know either way the breaks work great and the pads are just cheap economy pads i think when i upgrade to carbon metallic they will really shine

the trans is smooth and whale it can be a little cluncky when trying to find nutral from first (seems easer to just step on the shifter when in second rather than to lift in first?) my only complaint with the shift lever is the fact that it is bent out in a way that you find your self hitting the actuall lever rather than the shift peg also the clutch needed adjusted when i recived it but it was adjusted all the way out so it was just about 3 turns to perfection with about 3 inches of adjustabiblity for further clutch wear the only thing i really didn't like about the lever is the fact that it dosen't have adjustability just on the cable where it goes in to the engine

over all i am verry pleased about the fit and finish with the bike i feel whale not being quite to the posh standards of the big 4 japanese bikes it is drasticly better than expected and is physicly more bike than expected i put it next to a honda crf230 and the seat was about 4 inches lower than the honda and in a 100ft drag race the honda consistantly won by about 3-4 bike lengths, not bad considering the honda has a pipe jetted carb and the cdi box that raises the rev limiter and the powersports max 200 was still being broken in and the clutch was verry grabby and new (hard to slipp like it was to good but after loosening the clutch a bit and practicing launches i only lost by about a lenght and a half i belive i would have beat the honda by a lenght or 2 when i add a pipe jet the carb and get a bigger sprocket probubly +2/3 to start then about a 35-40t sprocket when i finally decide to stunt it out, the stock is about 24or so)

i will do more updates on the bike tomarrow when i get more seat time and i will also document the mods i make

as far as the bike being a stunt bike i will need to stiffen the front forks, (when i endo the forks absorb 90% of the braking) even though i get allot of comments on the gold forks (allot of people think it is some kind of fancy race forks until i tell them the bike is a knockoff) also the rear shock turns out to be preload adjustable with 7 clicks (a verry unexpected feature i really am happy about)

to sum it up if you are lookin g for a good cheap beater or to teach someone to ride without the worry (or intimidation) of dropping your precious fighter or even if you want a bike just to play around on but not a fify because your not 4ft tall and 60lbs this bike is perfect for you just don'texpect the bike to handle 100+ ft mx jump and tripples but it dose fairly well on the homemade 3ft high ramp i have i don't have a landing ramp but i was gitting it about 20-25mph in 3rd gear and easily getting about 7-8ft of air and landing on grass
also as for wheeling the bike the front wheel lifts easily in first you have to give it quite a yank you lift it in second but with the clutch i got it to the balance point in 4th

i will update more as i get more time on the bike just this is a quick review on my first impressions

·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maniacal Films said:
I doubt that youll hit 70mph on that. My CRF230 only tops out at 56, clocked by radar.
idk in 5th get rolling on from about 30-50 it stayed right next to the crf (and yes i know it was 30-50mph because my dad was on my sv650 riding next to me and my brother on the crf)

also i was saying about 70 gear ratio wise i it may hit it if i put a good pipe jet the carb cut up the air box and mill the head down to raise the compression as it is only running 9.2 to 1 and i will prolly endup doing a dremmel port and polish, and i am taking it to the dyno today to see what the rear wheel hp numbers are and get the carb jetted (my guess is about 16whp the manufacture says the motor has 21 so 16 at the rear wheel should be right):knucks:

·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
update the bike is rated from the manufacture with 8.5kw @ 9000rpm
but for one the bike runs out of steam about 1500rpm south of that and seems to have more than the rated power (8.5kw=11.39 but the bike seems to have closer to about 14-16 i guess i'll see later on the dyno)
i am thinking of making this a mini drz400sm say like a drz200sm dose anybidy know where i can get decals made?
also where do i get suctom fighter decals?

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
You won't hit 70mph. I PDI Chinese dirtbikes and quads everyday, and we carry an AWESOME brand and they won't do that. Our 200 will hit about 60km/h, topped out. That's not what they're designed for. Regardless, congrats on the purchase.

For Suctom Fighter Decals, ask Green Lantern.
For Custom Fighter Decals, click on "Store" at the top of your screen.

·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
endo said:
You won't hit 70mph. I PDI Chinese dirtbikes and quads everyday, and we carry an AWESOME brand and they won't do that. Our 200 will hit about 60km/h, topped out. That's not what they're designed for. Regardless, congrats on the purchase.

For Suctom Fighter Decals, ask Green Lantern.
For Custom Fighter Decals, click on "Store" at the top of your screen.
thanx

and as far as the bike not running up to 70mph that is not what i bought it for i bought it to learn to stunt but as good as the bike is i am talking myself in to making it a street legal fighter,tard(possibly the occasionally wheelie or stoppie) and if i do so i think it'll add it to either mext months or the month after thats mini fighter buildoff

i am wondering if the reasn the bike seems to stop pulling above about 7k(says it makes peak power at 9k) because of the cdi box?
i wonder if a honda rev box would work (they say the are about 95% compatable for honda parts) if so i think it would really wake up the bike

·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this morning i went out to the garage and without touching the choke or throttle i gave the bike one quick kick and it was not only running but came to an immidet idol that was smooth and consistant i was verry suprized and pleased i just got the bike off the dyno and found a verry flat torque curve from 3000-7500rpm with a peak of 13.7ft-lbs @ 5500rpm and a verry peaky horsepower with a peak of 18.3hp @ 8150rpm i was quite pleased by those numbers
i took the crf230 allong with me to the shop an it put down a respectable 26hp and 21ft-lbs at the rear wheel
i belive after just a few mods the bike will be in the 25hp range i am not 100% sure of the mods but a slip on is 100% i can't decide on a bigger carb or jetting the stocker
and i am thinking about getting the cam reground and shaving the head to raise the compression from the stock 9.2-to 1 to upwards of 12/13-to 1
and possibly a jerry rigged honda revbox (stocker kicks in at 9000)

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
:ttiwwop:

·
407 Posts
madmaxx650 said:
thisi took the crf230 allong with me to the shop an it put down a respectable 26hp and 21ft-lbs at the rear wheel
that's a pretty optimistic dyno. Pretty sure most crf230's dyno closer to 18hp at the wheel.

·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Vcook said:
that's a pretty optimistic dyno. Pretty sure most crf230's dyno closer to 18hp at the wheel.
unless stitch had it calculate the hp at the crank but the rear wheel is what spun the dyno

·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
also after riding for an our today i fould 3 false nutrels witch kinda pist me off but i may have been my fault as i was seeing how the bike handled being power shifted

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
False neutrals are sometimes a new transmission symptom. Give it time before you let them bother you.

·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
haelo said:
False neutrals are sometimes a new transmission symptom. Give it time before you let them bother you.
thiught it might be that so for the time being i am taking my time and being nice to the trans basicly making sure t oget a full throw of the shifter to ensure no false nutrals and let the trans get set in where it needs to be

also i just ran my first tank through it (lasted 3 days of riding and about 170miles i think it works out to be about 27miles per liter (6 liter gas tank))

and annother update i rejetted the carb and removed the spark arrester witch has most of the guts of the muffler out and the bike feels way more responsive and dose not seem to struggle to get to the top of it's rev range (i have hit the rev limiter 3/4 times and i'm used to 2 smokers so that shows howmuch the muffler and jetts wake up the bike )

still to come is some head work (decided on just a port and polish as i am worried that raising the compression to much would caus to much detonation but the bike will be up on compression a little soon as i am going to a copper head gasket that is thiner than the stocker i hope to get from 9.2-1 to about 9.5-1
also i am trying to decide as to wether or not to go to a crf230 revbox and carb or not
:knucks:

·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
just got new carbon metallic brake pads and man these brakes are awsome!!!!! i also just changed the oil again afte rmy second tank of gas (about 300mi or so) this time instead or harley oil i used 10-40w amzoil synthetic (the harley was synthetic but was 20-50w and a little thick) after changing the oil i notice the engine revving faster and seemed to warmup allot faster (like 5 min compared to 20) also the idol raised about 250rpm
i am thinking about entering the mini fighter of the month next month
i don't wanna give to much away but let's just say carbon fiber?
:knucks:

·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts