Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Welcome to the new day...
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite all the crashing and injuries I made it to the Shanghai Internationa curcuit and saw saw all the racing.

I'll post pic later -

Race were quite excing. Need sleep pics up in the A

Steve

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
we're waiting :D

:ttiwwop:

·
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok her it is.

The race day was great. Sunny about 75 degrees a light breeze.

The event is well put together and NOT typical Chinese - its very proffesional being its a MOTO GP Race.

The 125 race was a nice warm up. Little incidents and amazing how fast these little bikes can go. The lean angles are insane and the top 10 riders from 1 to 10 were less that 2 seconds apart from start to finish. Real exciting dicing back and forth.

Top of the s turns

Nealry the last lap and they were all stil this close!

The 250 Race was jsut as exciting. had a few small run offs and a low side crash on the other side of the track but basically a clean race.

Sorry you'll have to get the winners and details on who placed where from other media I was too busy watching the race to actually figure out who was who.

But the Ritzla rider led most of the way until about lap 16 (of 21)then he puttered out and the other three winners passed him and left him in the dust. Prior to that thought ere was intense back and forth passing.

The guy on the Fortuna bike one but not by a whole lot. I got a vid of the start and will try to get it on Yout Tube and add a link in here as well.

The winner of the 250 Gp Race

A few of the top 3 riders on the warm down lap Shaking hands as good sports man do.

Then came the big Guns.

The roar of the engines from the pits was noticably louder and more robust than the 2 strokers.

The two friends next to me had never been to a race before and when these monster bikes started up they basically had a look on their face that said WTF!

When they roared out for the warm up lap they just went nuts. They knew they were in for a good show.

And they were not disapoitned.

on the start they all jammed in to the first corner tight and running hard.

The top of the s turn saw five riders get off the track. 3 entered again and were back in the fray in no time.

One was out of the race and one got up picked up his bike and rolled it on the track himself and jump started it and took off. The crowd roared with excitement seing the efforts fo this road warrior.

He went down hard and still got back on. After 20 plus laps he did not finish last ,he managed to catch the 2nd to the last place guy and pass him. The crowd went nuts as he passed him right in front of us.

Back to the leaders - Rossie Hopkins and Stoner in the front 3 (Sorry meds kicked in here and its a bit fuzzy - almost fell off the stands I was so frigin whacked on codine and mucle relaxers haha)

The battle was intense. Back and forth dicing and slicing Rossie takes the lead Stoner takes it back his Ducatti having more power on teh long straights and Rossie obviously suckign him back in on the turns with his better skill.

Hopkins hanging in ther and eventually taking 2nd place over Rossi when Rossie went in to hard at the end of the back straight and ran off the track.

But Rossie being a superb rider got back on the track and a few laps latter he took Hopkins and never gave up 2nd spot again. though Hopkins was on his ass the entire remainder of the race.

A few crashes on this race and one was right at the end of the frotn straight where we were I was getting a pic taken and it ended up a shot of the side of my head as the crash happened right behind me and I turned to look.

Here are the series of pics we took of theat 150 MPH crash. The repsol rider was carted off on a stretcher I think it was Hayden but might have been his team mate.

Not sure who got crashed 1st lap so hard to tell.

Basically all 3 races were a real crowd pleaser.

Our seats were at the end of the front straight where it goes into a series of turns and a neat little down hill S type turn.

And of cource there were the girls

a Honda trials stunt rider as well

A great day from what I can remember of it. HA!

·
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
only 10 pics at a time allowed so here are the girl pics

·
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The girls were not that good this year really.

I have seen some total knock outs there last year and at the Beijing auto show....OH MY GOD!

Yea Rossi about ate shit but pulled a monkey out his ass and got
2nd.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
:metal:

good thread. glad you didnt fall down the stands. haha. man i would love to check out a moto gp race!!

·
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: 2007 SHANGHAI MOTO GP REPORT

Well I was trying to take a picture like this:

But I was so wacked on codine and muscle relaxers I felt like this:

And if you think its funny I almost fell of the stands.......then I give you this:

And you can kiss my ass 'cause I ended up fucken this:

Ha ha ha (I can dream can't I?) :LolLolLolLol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts