Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This should be fun.
Purchased a complete 2009 Hayabusa front end from ebay minus the top triple tree.

Looking into some 3" fork cap extensions to keep the Bandit 1250 front end height. I am never going to put enough stress on these things to break them I do not think. They are billet.

I can use a Hayabusa top clamp for the handle bar risers since there are already holes. Does the Gen I Hayabusa have the same fork offset as the Gen II? (32mm I think it is)

Going to have the Bandit 1250 steering stem pressed out of the lower triple tree and pressed into the Hayabusa triple tree.

Going to buy some EBC HH brake pads for the Hayabusa front and the Bandit rear.

Getting Galfer Sportbike seperate brake lines for the front.

And need a fender.........cut down Hayabusa fender??

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have noticed the Hayabusa fender looks kinda like a whale LOL! Thanks for the heads up on a GSX-R1000 fender.

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Decided against the EBC HH pads due to noise. Ordered a bit quieter BikeMaster Sintered pads for the front and EBC organic for the Bandit rear.

Got CORE brake lines instead of Galfer. Translucent Blue with black fittings.

Everything else is ordered. Whew........

Even got a Lunasee active wheel lighting kit. Should be kickass at night.

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wheel lighting?
Yes, it is active wheel lighting. A strip of reactive tape is applied around the rim and an LED charges it as you ride. Think Tron light cycle wheels. It is really an amazing jump in night visibility to other vehicles. Just search for Lunasee pics.

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A touch of progress:
Wheel stripped, top triple clamp roughed up for paint.
Fender arrived and needs to be roughed up for paint.
Brake lines and new pads are here.

Still waiting on the fork cap extenders from Australia. In the meantime I am gonna rough up the upper portion of the forks and paint them black since the extensions are already black.

Attachments

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Aaaaaaand my son broke his glasses. So this might be stuck for a few weeks.
Does anyone make Gorilla strength kid's glasses? This is the 4th pair he has broken LOL!

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know progress has been slow. But fork cap extensions are installed on the Hayabusa forks. Compressing the fork springs, while trying to keep the cap fully extended, while trying to slide a 14mm wrench on the cap nut was an experience!!!!
My pc is on the fritz and I can't seem to upload a pic from the phone. Ah well.....

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Will lifting the Bandit like this damage it? One side is raising the frame rail, and the other side is raising the oil pan. The lift is not wide enough to reach both frame rails and miss the header and oil pan.

Attachments

G

·
Yeah lifting like that is ok but i prefer to use a ratchet strap around a beam in my roof & hoist it that way as theres no way it can fall off that

I didnt much like fork extensions back in the 80's & not too sure i like them now but its your bike so if you are happy thats good enough, i just wondered if you had considered a stepped top yoke instead ?

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah lifting like that is ok but i prefer to use a ratchet strap around a beam in my roof & hoist it that way as theres no way it can fall off that

I didnt much like fork extensions back in the 80's & not too sure i like them now but its your bike so if you are happy thats good enough, i just wondered if you had considered a stepped top yoke instead ?
A ratchet strap around a roof rafter......I might see if I can make that work!

If I could have found someone willing to build me a top yoke with the fairly large 3" step it would have been nice. But the only places willing to even try insisted that I buy a yoke set and that was gonna be $1200-$1450 plus shipping depending on if it was US or European. The one place that said they would make just a top clamp refuses to have a step larger than 1". So, the extensions were fairly expensive, but not THAT expensive!! and a used 2005 Hayabusa top yoke was $45 from fleabay, so there ya go.

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
Whatd the extensions run you? Im looking to Extend mine in the front of my magna conversion so i have the proper set up for the bike.

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Whatd the extensions run you? Im looking to Extend mine in the front of my magna conversion so i have the proper set up for the bike.
The extensions come from from Extreme Creations in Australia and were $445 shipped. Current cost will depend on current exchange rate. These fit Hayabusa and GSX-R 1000 forks. Includes the fork tube extension with O rings, and the internal (cartridge?) extension. 2" or 3" available.
The internal extension is billet, I am not sure if the tube is or not, but i think so.

Reactions: gsf1200R

·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A painted fork and the painted Hayabusa top yoke/clamp. The hope is that the gold section of the fork will be visible only below the bottom yoke/clamp.

Attachments

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
The extensions come from from Extreme Creations in Australia and were $445 shipped. Current cost will depend on current exchange rate. These fit Hayabusa and GSX-R 1000 forks. Includes the fork tube extension with O rings, and the internal (cartridge?) extension. 2" or 3" available.
The internal extension is billet, I am not sure if the tube is or not, but i think so.
word, might have to wait on that one. that cost more than my car. and almost more than my front end.

id definitely go with the 3inch for my ride. Great Progress by the way

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.