Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked her up for an absolute steal already started as a half assed build (laid down and never bought new fairings).

2008 GSXR 750, 11xxxkm's

Plans:
Dual LED headlights
Custom windcowl
Custom belly fairing
Black ceramic coating on headers
KTM RC8 tail section and subframe (hopeful)
Full paint
Lots of carbon fiber

When I picked it up she was dirty as hell, had been poorly plastidipped and definitely painted before.

Pic 1- Picked up, remaining fairings removed and tossed
Pic 2- Cleaned up, removed more unneccessary pieces (passenger pegs etc)
Pic 3- The GSXR ass!
Pic 4- Custom dirty bars setup (more pics to follow) Protaper fat bars, and protaper rubber mount risers
Pic 5- Rigid industries LED lights to be used as headlights. 3300 lumens a piece, custom painted a crinkle low gloss black and ground off emblems.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Removal of top triple and clipons

test fit (protaper riser bolts are WAYYY too long with not enough thread on bolt body)

back to the drawing board.

fixed broken off gauge cluster

Removed headlight and began making custom mounts for a dual Q2 LED setup.

Came to the realization that new brakelines are definitely needed for the front

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Looking good man! Keep it up...

I'm really impressed by the light output of the ridged industries lamps. I've seen a couple of people using them with good results. They might be a little pricey, but they seem worth every penny as far as performance.

Are you planing on any kind of cowl up front? The way you have them mounted, to me any ways, the bike is screaming for a dirt bike style number plate with cut outs for the lights. But that's just my taste in shit though..:D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking good man! Keep it up...

I'm really impressed by the light output of the ridged industries lamps. I've seen a couple of people using them with good results. They might be a little pricey, but they seem worth every penny as far as performance.

Are you planing on any kind of cowl up front? The way you have them mounted, to me any ways, the bike is screaming for a dirt bike style number plate with cut outs for the lights. But that's just my taste in shit though..:D
Nice man keep it going . Yea to flow with the square lights .. IMHO I this something square cut out as well. Just my .02
Thanks guys.

The Rigid industries 6 LED lamps impressed the hell out of me. The light pattern and output are great.

Definitely going with some sort of cowl as it looks unfinished right now, and the gauge cluster is ugly. Any suggestions on model?

Last night finally got around to rewiring and looping cables.

Right now the throttle and clutch cables are run under/around the airbox and through the intake holes in the frame. I'm hoping heat does not effect the performance of either. Worst case scenario the throttle cables expand slightly and loosen, I don't see them tightening and shortening causing the throttle to stick.

Also test wired the second LED in parallel on the low-beam. Current draw is minimal on this setup and the light output seems to be full strength for both.

Only issue is now it won't start. Recieves power, cranks, but will not turn over. I'm assuming fuel delivery. Either I didn't plug something back in or I air locked the fuel pump/system when I took the tank off.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got a bunch done over the weekend for a charity bike poker run.

New goodridge brake lines in the front (30", paid WAYYY too much but they were in stock)

re-routed the cables and brake lines, and bought a motive bleeder to bleed the race line setup. what a fuckaround

Ordered a bunch of ebay CF goodies, as well as new grips, levers, and brake fluid reservoir.

Also stumbled across a versys? windscreen on kijiji, picked it up and cut it out to fit the LED's. I'm going to paint and mount tonight but it should look deadly!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A couple of quick coats of grey 'dip changed the look altogether.

Considering a matte grey for the entire build.

Any suggestions as to how to mount the bug screen?

Subframe and tail are getting chopped next week!

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Hahah I like that man!

I vote that grey for the whole bike, fuck it, if it don't look good just peel it off I guess...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did the brakes to match my F
- clean and prep
- 2 coats high build fleet enamel primer
- 3 coats copper engine metallic
- 2 coats high temp clear

relocated the key and ignition barrel

sandblasted and ceramic coated the headers/exhuast

New bracket for speedo

Chopped the tail to see if I like the bobber look or if shes going KTM or Duc' tail

bought a new headlight... hated it, so I moded it

·
Full Combat Fighter
206 Posts
Nice work man! Sick work with the headlight.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
headlight looks pretty damn good

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Unknown303 said:
Plus it's also your project so you could probably do what you wanted anyways. :dunno:
I plan on it! But I agree with the fellas that it looks strange... the GF agrees

JfuckinC said:
RC8 :drool:
my thoughts exactly...

Sugarphreak said:
The original tail was too long, although it looks a little too stuby now... need something in between!

Sweet project though, while I am not a huge bike person, this is pretty interesting!
test fit!

best part of the adjustable mounts... they fill the huge gap between the headlight and top triple!

Color combo! Gloss black on Malbec illusion with copper accents

damnit... had more parts come in yesterday and I couldnt wait to test fit

Lesson learnt, ebay grips and levers need modification to fit properly.

new grips, and cnc machined levers

tried to figure out why my high beams aren't getting power, and kept looking at how ugly the stock rear sets were in silver... so I coated them in black truck bed liner

The GF was bothering me while I was tinkering... so I put her to work filling my front lip with fibreglass hair filler, and then expanding foam.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Change of plans...

KTM RC8 "skin" body work was complete garbage to work with... Stumbled upon a wrecked Ducati 999 Biposto (wish it was a mono) and picked up the entire rear section minus the taillight.

Damn near bolted right up, and now I've got my tubular look rear subframe and a very open rear section.

little trimming for height and angle adjustment

rough mount

Disoblige said:
Hmm, seat area looks a bit small. Seems like your nuts are going to hate you, lol.
Thats only about 1/2 - 2/3 of the seat area. I've got to chop the original GSXR tank side seat section up and fit it to the 999 tail section seat.

I had the tail more vertical before this picture where there was even less seat, and I had to uptuck my nuts in order to sit on the bike haha

Plenty more to be trimmed/hacked

safety first

What I meant by an open tail section... Truck bed liner the underside a low gloss black, and have the subframe powder coated in an obnoxioulsy bright color. Ordered a one piece SMD LED taillight, pretty slick unit... and then I broke it

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks awesome. What was the ceramic paint you used on the header if I may ask?
I believe it was the VHT extreme high temperature header paint, I will have to look.

I get it through a buddy who owns a distribution company for PPG and 3m.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts