Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since I've been meaning to put this up. Every time I sat down to write it up, I felt like I couldn't say the right words, or do Gavin justice with a blog post. He's so much more than could be contained in a single story or post. It's the countless stories and experiences that people have shared with us that help to show what a really amazing person that Gavin was.

I compiled all the photos he sent me just before the final mods he was able to finish. We had this first photo shoot done, but then he got the itch to further mod it and we were going to do another shoot of the bike after fighter fest 09...which he took 3rd Overall Best fighter in. Unfortunately, we never got to that photo session. I've saved about every image he posted or sent me behind the scenes, so here are a bunch of the best ones.

http://www.customfighters.com/2842/2010-fighter-of-the-year-greencheezeetas-kawasaki-z1000-z-king/

feel free to share something about Gavin or the Zking in this thread. I'd like for it to be something meaningful that helps people understand Gavin.

Ride in Peace my brother!

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
Re: 2009 FOTY Zking Blog post

Gavin used to try to get me to hop-on & take the Z-King for a ride & I'd remind him of how I wrecked his dirt bike! We'd share a good laugh & he'd go on! I knew I couldn't handle the "King", but he always offered, just the same. I have great hope that he IS living & happy & tearing up the roads in heaven! I've never seen anyone else who loved to ride, as much as Gavin. I can't even imagine what kind of bike he'd create up there! So, Gavin, as your mom, I hope with all my heart & soul that you're NOT resting, but rather having an absolutely AMAZING time, as well as watching over all of us here!

I love you...

·
GURU
1,496 Posts

new wallpaper

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts

No one is posting, so I will....
Gavin got a hideous case of the road-rash & was laid-up for a couple of weeks, several years ago. When he was able to go back to where he lived it was my pleasure to go check on him & change the dressings on his back & help him out with food & things like that. We'd talk & kid around & it was fun & sometimes he wanted to talk seriously & once, or twice, he was just quiet & I'd stay awhile & watch TV with him. As he got better, he didn't need as much help, so I stayed for shorter periods of time. One evening as I started to leave, he said: "Oh wait Mom. I gotta show you something. Since I almost died I thought you ought to get to know about some of my little secrets, so sit down, please. This won't take long!" (big grin)

Well, I sat down, wondering what the heck. I thought maybe he'd drawn-up plans for the new bike, or something, since he was quite an artist. (One of his little secrets) Turns out that he'd learned to play the guitar, like he had said he would one day, & he sang for me. Three of our kids sing well & Gavin was one of them. He sang "Nothing Else Matters" & played the melody. It was really beautiful & special & I loved it! "Course when I tried to praise him, he started acting like Jim Carey & goofing around! Funny-as-a-hoot! That was the last time I got to hear him sing, but I'll always remember it.

·
I love lamps
4,113 Posts

thanks for sharing that donna... It means a lot that you are able to talk about things so personal with us.

I just want to add that gavin's zking is the sexiest fighter I have ever seen. EVER! ...and I doubt that will change for a very very long time.

·
Brhaap!
3,818 Posts

Great post. I wish I knew him. He seemed like the perfect guy to spend time with plus he had an awesome bike.

In other news, is it legal to have no rear brake?

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts

Great post. I wish I knew him. He seemed like the perfect guy to spend time with plus he had an awesome bike.

In other news, is it legal to have no rear brake?
No Comment :doh:

·
Brhaap!
3,818 Posts

You never know. I was just curious because he had his plates too so I figured he had to get a safety inspection.

·
I love lamps
4,113 Posts

i just assumed he had a thumb brake for stuntin....

...but i dont want to think about it too much.

Reactions: oldrider

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

he had neither. . . weight savings :D

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts

New story....gotta tell it. The preacher who officiated over Gavins' funeral, held Gavin up as an example to his congregation last night. Imagine that....my Gavin was the subject of how we are all supposed to be in the eyes of God!

The preacher said at the funeral, that he had become a "student of Gavin" & that he had learned so much, even though he'd never met Gavin. Turns out, that he'd continued to learn about Gavin this entire year. He had talked about him & ask about him wherever he went. What he found out was that Gavin, (whom he called one of the hardest working, busiest young men he'd ever heard of) took time (usually part of his lunch hour), to pop in & see people...everywhere. Most of them said, just to cheer them up & chat, or "goof" around, depending on what he thought they needed to make their day happier/more pleasant! Gavin did that! I knew he'd go see a couple of people, because they told me, but I didn't know he stopped to see so many! Once again....I'm in awe of my own son! Age was not figured in. He saw teenagers through elderly people. Usually someone got a visit about everyday.

The preacher told his congregation that if Gavin could take the time, maybe all of us could take a minute, even if it's just once in awhile to pop in on someone at their job, or a friend at their home, etc., just to cheer them up & make their day brighter. Guess I have some visiting to do....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts