Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to find the answer in the forums... Anyone have any experience with fork mounted headlights for a 2009 R6? I got the twin dominator headlights but I'm completely lost on which fork mounts to get. The bike has 41mm inverted forks so should I get that size or should I go bigger? I really don't know. I appreciate any help and experience on the matter.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
If it's an a model it doesn't have inverted forks

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
not true... i think? didnt the last 2 years for the s have usds
nope. s model always had the standard forks. which were made up to 09.

OP post pics, problem solved.

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
All 05s which weren't s models. Used same plastics, frame and most of 03-04 r6. Different forks, brakes, bigger throttle boddies. Then 06 the V model came out and the r6 became the s model.

·
hate us cuz they ainus
1,827 Posts
not that it matters, im just poking atcha but if they all look the same, the usd forks are the only clue from the outside that its not an s?

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
not that it matters, im just poking atcha but if they all look the same, the usd forks are the only clue from the outside that its not an s?
And paint scheme. Yamaha made different schemes using from the same main colors from year to year.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
If you wanna just buy em, Motomadness actually sells several different style headlight fork tube mounts in varying price ranges and sizes. You can score a pretty decent pair for around $50. Real beefy. The DIY link that...shit who posted that again? Anyways those work and are pretty clean and all, but I think Im gonna get a couple paris from motomadness for my builds this go round.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts