Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
121 - 140 of 166 Posts

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Fuck yes...one more day and I'm motivated like never before...

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
I'm stoked beyond belief. What blows is I'll make the build thread tomorrow, then wait... on parts.

Tail stuff should be getting here next Friday, my buddy is picking up my engine Tuesday and it will be here next Friday, and swinger setup should be here the following week. Oh well, more time to plan.

·
Respect can't be bought.
4,181 Posts
This may have been answered already but what are the brackets? I am definitely budget, I had more to say but I am right in the middle of getting a blowjob be back in a minute.

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
Not sure of the brackets, but I think it would be a good idea not to announce the brackets until afterwards, because I would be worried about someone lying about what they spent for parts to be put in a bracket with more budget fighters, just to take a win. Not that we are like that here, but with the recent influx of newbs, you never know.

·
Respect can't be bought.
4,181 Posts
Not sure of the brackets, but I think it would be a good idea not to announce the brackets until afterwards, because I would be worried about someone lying about what they spent for parts to be put in a bracket with more budget fighters, just to take a win. Not that we are like that here, but with the recent influx of newbs, you never know.
yeah thats a good point fathead, I made that statement on the preexisting notion we would all be honest but you are right.
The other question I had was if we out source something does that modification not count? My father in law was going to teach me how to paint motorcycles and I wanted my bike to wear the work. Also my grandfather and I are making an exhaust, I didnt know if anybody considered that cheating or what have you.

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
yeah thats a good point fathead, I made that statement on the preexisting notion we would all be honest but you are right.
The other question I had was if we out source something does that modification not count? My father in law was going to teach me how to paint motorcycles and I wanted my bike to wear the work. Also my grandfather and I are making an exhaust, I didnt know if anybody considered that cheating or what have you.
I totally get what you're saying. I don't consider it cheating. I actually think we should leave it up to Adam and the judges to categorize the builds. A bit of the grouping based on the money spent, but also just on the level of builds. I mean, someone who has access to build all the stuff, isn't putting in the price of the tools, the facilities, the favors they will owe, the years of schooling that took them to learn this. I think they should be more based on level of build, with money factored in, not solely on dollars spent.

·
Respect can't be bought.
4,181 Posts
Well with that being said, I will be sure to put it in the parts description if I had some sort of help and let the judges do there thing. Because dont get me wrong, winning a build off would be cool. But Im doing this for ME, building the bike for ME. Not solely building it for a competition so either way I am going to have fun.

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
I believe there are no brackets. The judges will weigh each build for themselves taking into account as much as they can. Including budget, abilities and overall build quality

·
GURU of da poo poo
5,717 Posts
Are we doing the double thread again? One for the build and one for the discussion?

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,382 Posts
Questions about the monies:

1) Can we subtract from the base of the bike if we sell parts that were on the bike at first purchase? Like fairings and stock brakes and such?

2) We only count what is on the bike at completion right? So fiberglass mold materials would not count correct?

121 - 140 of 166 Posts