Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 324 Posts

·
UnicycleMode
7,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my brother got a 2012 CBR250R brand new off the dealer floor, well, kinda, it shipped in a crate to the dealer and he took delivery of it. Who would have ever thought this thing would survive less than a year before the plans hatch to strip the lady of her elegant clothes and really turn it into something special...

Minty fresh. With some tasteful mods including a custom seat and Rothmans gold accents. :)

It got ridden for a season, enjoyed, track day's you name it, it did it. Then at Mid West Fighter Fest this past week, all the idea's and talk turned into reality. :D

Gotta have the upright bars!

Well, the plastics are scratched. Time to cut it to bits!! :party-smiley:

2012 CBR250R: Almost $5,000.00

Trip to MWFF12: $400.00

High siding your brand new bike on grass: $350.00

Saying "fuck repairing that shit", and turning it into a StreetFighter: Priceless. ;)

I'm documenting another one of Toc's wild builds. Stay tuned. This one is going to be fucking mind blowing. I assure you that! "Just a little 250" will be words you will never utter again after this one is done. You will say, "You know what I've seen done with a 250?!". :D
:CK187:

·
That guy
4,468 Posts
DUDE that frame is kinda hot...
Think a 450r quad motor would shoehorn in?????

I vote 450r fuel injection, turbo, ect...
just sayin....

·
Whooolie!
126 Posts
I thought that about the frame too. Why cover that up!? Stupid honda.
As for the 400/450/500 swap I would have to start measuring motors now to find one that fits by next year because there is no f-ing room in this thing's frame, mainly on the right side at the head.

All in all I don't really care because I have a chance to actually do something to a bike that nobody else has done because of its age and my situation in life right now.
But you can trust me I'd rather be riding the stock shit instead of doing this for the rest of the season! I had plans to do this shit over the winter.
Riding beats building any day of the week but riding what you created can top it all, its the future I'm lookin' forward to.

Otherwise I've been making a new exhaust from scratch. The only piece that wasn't made by me is the collar that holds it into the head which is from a 08 or something kawi 400 that I got the ti header from awhile back but I still had to re-drill the holes and die grind the center to fit.

Less than $60 total later I ended up with this.

Last weekend the first 2 J-bends came in the mail and this is what came of it.

Then I realized I needed more bends and other radii. And a new 16mp camera that we so desperately needed.

On the bike.

Clearance pics, I planned to have just enough room for some header wrap.

And of course there is much more to do to make it as clean as I had hoped it would be but the fact remains that I'm not a welder by trade so I have to give the grinder a workout instead.

·
Whooolie!
126 Posts
Over the weekend I've stripped the frame of all mounts and tabs and just got done making a new kickstand from scratch just for the hell of it... and ground clearance.

I managed to retain the factory kicker's switch. In all it took about 4 hours to make to this point and it did come out just like I wanted it to but now I'm not sure weather I like it since its a physical piece on the bike, but if it doesn't fit with the end result I'll just change it.

Now for some pics.

Over all the build is going my way, inexpensive & fairly quick. Next week sometime the tail should show up and I can get crackin' on a sub frame and order up the new muffler for it. Till then its just time to do the wiring and Cleanup of the little things.

·
Asphalt cowboy.
549 Posts
Fuck. Everything you guys touch is gold.

-Outlaw.

1 - 20 of 324 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.