Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up this '12 Fz6R off of my buddy (he just bought a '16 Ninja). Last year he crashed it playing chicken with a deer, and smashed up the fairing. I figured what better opportunity to do a streetfighter build.

So far I have replaced the temporary headlight that he had hooked up to make it legal with a stock headlight from a Buell Lightning. I am still searching to find out how to keep both lights on when switched to high beam (Buell designed the headlight to have either one bulb or the other on due to "heat concerns" I say bs). Currently I am working on building a custom flyscreen following a DIY guide that I found on here. I'm not quite sure where this build is going to take me, but I guess we'll see when it is "finished".

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,993 Posts
Careful the frame isn't cracked. Inspect those welds around the neck REAL well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Last night I managed to get the flyscreen cut out and mounted to the bike. Still need to tinker with the mounting a little, sand it down and then paint it. Its a little rough, but she's getting there.

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,993 Posts
Is that common for this year? Good to know for future reference.
It's common for all years when driven head-on into stationary objects. Like deer.

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
I'm not usually an advocate of adding plastic, but jeez those frame braces need covering up. Maybe get some side panels from a euro model (if you don't get them) xj6n?

Reactions: MikeGyver

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tilt that windscreen back. Looks like a billboard mounted that way
I am working on modifying the angling of the mounts, I was just mounting it to get the holes drilled. I am most likely going to be making another one to modify the shape a little. (5 gal. buckets are only $3 at Walmart).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not usually an advocate of adding plastic, but jeez those frame braces need covering up. Maybe get some side panels from a euro model (if you don't get them) xj6n?
I am definitely going to be covering up the braces, it is an eyesore that kills me. I'll get to it, I just started this build a couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just got the new tires mounted and back on the bike, along with a quick paint job on the flyscreen. I may build a new one in the future now that I have a better idea of the process. Now I am going to start thinking about looking into making some of the more cosmetic changes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts