Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is when I first bought my bike in the show room

then bought her home

then had a few carbon bits to put on, so removed the fairing.....

AND THATS WHEN IT BEGAN.............................

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so started the strip down

got a custom top yoke made up and fitted

had to extend the loom a little to reach the higher handlebar controls

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:oops: then the dremel hit the new mint fairing I had

then blacked out the rad and oil cooler, got new front brake res, cut the handle bars down and geared it down -1 front +2 rear

got some more carbon bits to get for it and will be putting a full leo vince race system on it over winter............. and powder coating that bottom yoke

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks really good duder.
Only suggestion is paint the lower triple.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
already on that mate, I put that on the to do list under the last pic.
it will be a winter job tho as will have to take all the headlight etc off to get the bottom yoke/triple off.
really pleased how its come out and its an animal to ride when u give it some and so smooth when u just wanna take it easy on it (which is almost never :D)
no bad back no aching wrists

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Came out fucking awesome and REP for ripping up and chopping up a brand new fucking bike. You have big balls my friend

·
Registered
103 Posts
I love, love, love when people have the balls to take a new bike and murder it.

The light looks great, the chopped fairings look sweet, great work man.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
really does look amazing. i do have a few suggestions for you as far as little things to do to it that will improve ridability. get rid of the electronically controlled steering damper. its garbage and will piss you off eventually. do the pair system delete. this link is for a 09-11 but is the same for yours
http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336087&highlight=pair

do the exhaust set valve delete. this is the easiest way for that
http://www.servobuddy.com/Suzuki-Servo-Buddy_p_15.html

and look into the timing retard eliminator. also possibly look into the cat and O2 sensor delete with the cat delete you will probably need a new header as yours has the cat welded on or you can cut it off and make a new midpipe. all these will help to make the bike smoother and ride better.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
really does look amazing. i do have a few suggestions for you as far as little things to do to it that will improve ridability. get rid of the electronically controlled steering damper. its garbage and will piss you off eventually. do the pair system delete. this link is for a 09-11 but is the same for yours
http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336087&highlight=pair

do the exhaust set valve delete. this is the easiest way for that
http://www.servobuddy.com/Suzuki-Servo-Buddy_p_15.html

and look into the timing retard eliminator. also possibly look into the cat and O2 sensor delete with the cat delete you will probably need a new header as yours has the cat welded on or you can cut it off and make a new midpipe. all these will help to make the bike smoother and ride better.
What is the pair delete? And what r the benefits?
Already binned the set valve off and will be getting a full racing system on over winter

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
pair pumps fresh air into the exhaust to burn un spent fuel. it causes a lot of popping on decel and it runs smoother without it

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
PS for the set valve delete, on the k7 there is 1 wire to unplu/cut to prevent the first might. No need to spend $60, unless the k12 really is that much different
it really is that much different haha. that was how i did it on my K8 motor. but the newer gen bikes need to see some sort of signal from that thing.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts