Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
The tail looks great.

·
#114 CVMA/STTARS
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
No Updates:

I am getting my race bike back together for the winter race season with CVMA. Here in SoCal we race through the winter. :)

Thought i would stop by and post some pics of the work I've been doing outside of the Vmax. This the new pain design of my race team (Dmented Racing) so I run the colors I've been asked to run. The only decals on the bike are my race numbers and the sponsors I have. I'm trying to keep it as clean as possible.

·
jamal avatar #1
3,443 Posts
187 to the rear wheel, damn thats a good tune. brocks knows their exhausts for the drag that is for sure.

·
#114 CVMA/STTARS
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hey Shane, any chance you could get me rough dimensions on those beefy carbon intake scoops?

I can in a week or so. The bodywork is at SBKPaint for a fresh look. I had to paint that tail anyway so I sent everything off.

No major updates since I'm waiting on paint.

Here's a random shot of me practicing with the SV. I'm racing again Nov 16th-17th at CVMA.

·
#114 CVMA/STTARS
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Update on Vmax:

I've sent the Vmax out for fine tuning of the stock ECU. Cyclemall, my race team, reflashed my already flashed ECU and came up with some serious numbers. Their dyno is used for their AMA bikes and it's notoriously low on HP readings so I was surprised with their results.

Final results came out with 190RWHP and 125 Ft Lbs of torque OMG

Now it's time for some sick paint to finish everything out. I needed to paint the new MV Agusta tail anyway.
i've gotten some updates on the paint work. I stopped by and snapped some pics before they sanded the clear back down for some pinstripe changes and because they have to spend more time smoothing out that damn MV tail.

anyway, check it out.

Before the pinstripe:

a shot of the glossy gunmetal on the MV tail. The top was sanded back down for touch ups:

Blood Red Pin Stripe added. This is done free hand by a striper the old fashioned way using a 3/16" line. It was very popular in racing so I had to add it.

Side covers from Magical racing. they have gunmetal on the perimeter and in the recessed area:

I'm pretty excited to see it finished. I painted the carbon bits because they just look like bolt on parts if you don't incorporate some paint into the design. Looks like unfinished material to me so I had to pimp them out. I can't wait to see the finished look.

·
#114 CVMA/STTARS
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Just got some updated shots. The clear is drying and everything will have to be buffed to a high luster but you get the idea here. It's a beautiful gunmetal grey with a little bit of blood red striping.

·
#114 CVMA/STTARS
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Thanks Yami. It should be very nice when it's finished. I've always been a fan of the 1st Gen 'Fighter builds and I wanted to add a little of that style to my second gen. Should be legit when it's all finished.

·
#114 CVMA/STTARS
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
OK I ran out of daylight but I was able to get the bike almost completely back together. I have to put the screens back in the scoops and figure out signals. Those dumb ass signals they offer as an option for that tail DO NOT FIT THEIR FUCKING HOLES!!!! Seriously, why make something that doesn't fit? They made BOTH parts! lol. I digress….

Here's some garage shots for the patient folks out there. I will take daytime shots soon

·
#114 CVMA/STTARS
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Only Vmax owners will know that this isn't a factory color. You can't go wrong with a good gunmetal in my opinion so that was what I went with. The gunmetal was transferred onto he carbon fiber scoops and side covers to blend them in more with the bike. The tail is something completely out of the ordinary but still looks like a factory piece now with the paint. I really didn't want things to look too out of place on the bike.

The pin striping was done by hand from a professional then my painter cleared over the stripe as well as the carbon to protect everything from the elements and give the carbon fiber more UV protection so it stays clear a little longer. I hate yellow carbon fiber. It just happens though over time. I think the stripe is a nice subtle touch. I asked for blood red. What do you guys think?

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Love that color combo, the red pinstripe really sets it all of perfectly. Like the factory should have done...

·
#114 CVMA/STTARS
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Thanks guys. The seat is stock but the tail is not, and yeah it's NICE and comfy. :)

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Looks good I want to say red rim tape but it would to much. It's just enough without going over board. I love the gunmetal

·
#114 CVMA/STTARS
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I thought about painting the gunmetal on the rim of the wheels but honestly I hate cleaning wheels. Also another reason I would stay away from striping the rims. One more thing to constantly clean

21 - 40 of 54 Posts