Votes: 199 16.4%
  • Freddycruger

Votes: 592 48.9%
81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,701 Posts
Yeah freddy,

Few of us have shot some PM's back and forth about rallying some kind of "just desserts" for the finalists and their efforts... In fact that was the last conversation via text with Mark before shit hit the proverbial on coming traffic.

So yeah... the steam has left the engine... NO, not really...

Now priorities have shifted towards something thats a little more pressing, and something and someone you personally empathize with. I'm just waiting for the individual, whom I trust to collect funds, to get back to me so we can kick something off... I'm not gonna pester him about it, he'll get to it when he has time...

Your free to be pissed all you like as there were prizes lined up for the buildoff finalist... VS loved the build off, but didn't pick up the tab that someone else had racked up. Should they? Don't know if it was underlined in the contract, but I'd bet you $$$ it wasn't... SO, it fell though the cracks... I assure you it's not the case for this years build off, not that it resolves this conflict... It just assures us that we're moving forward.

You did a fucking kick ass build, and it's frustrating being on the winning end of a bogus prize... The summation of the 2012 winter build off...

Oh, and those fucking skully stickers add 30 hp... The T-shirt takes it away though, with all the strange you'll be lugging around....

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,701 Posts
I get it bud, read your edited buildoff thread.

Had I the extra $500 laying around I'd try to make it right by you, as would other members... There was a collective 5 or so members trying to get something going through parts and money, a couple of them that have posted in the last day or so in this very thread. Doesn't bring any tangible closure to your frustration, but if anything it shows that the communities trying to make good on past promises... Not that we had to, but because we felt it was the right thing to do... The focus shifted towards mark, because he's in need and has a long one-legged journey ahead of him... Hope you can find some peace in that, and understand this place isn't a complete loss.

If anything stay in touch...

wish you the best bud.

·
Hard Core Sledder
1,563 Posts
The real prize is the respect and congratulations from your circle of friends worldwide on this board.... that is the fucking prize man. The bs offerings are truly secondary as its just "stuff" . Stuff goes away gets broken or lost... a couple hundred people worldwide giving kudos to your craftwerk... or 5-10 years later being discussed as an inspiration piece is for fucking ever.

What means more? . 10 future fighters inspired to build from your bike

Or some piece of whatever that can be handed toya?

I dont know.you as a person. As a fighter. Your doing it wrong. Prizes mean shite. Respect and kudos from fellow fighters is the only prize.

And you built a badass motherfucker jack. But did build with your heart or a greedy only for the trophy mentality?

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,383 Posts
Fredy, I see you edited all the posts in your build off thread. I guess I don't understand what the big deal is. I entered the 2011 buildoff, didn't finish, but I am not even sure there were prizes available. If there were, I never knew.

What exactly did you win that you didn't receive? $100,000?

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,701 Posts
this got nothing to do with Mark. idk why u bringing this up
Because the initial intent was to get the community to pitch in parts and/or $ towards giving all you gents something worthy of your efforts... Now that the focus has shifted towards mark with the idea, you're right back at square one... with nothing... I feel somewhat like an indian-giver saying that we were doing something for you, and the next week things went to fuck, and now things are stagnant...

Someone dropped the ball here, that's for sure... Who's to blame? IDK? Was VS supposed to pick it up? or was it, in a state of haste, left out of the contract??? :oops:

IDK man, but I don't like seeing you at this dead end... None of us do... It's unnerving.

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,701 Posts
What exactly did you win that you didn't receive? $100,000?
Let's not turn in on the dude, he was genuine in completing his end of the deal here... He built a kick ass bike, there were prizes lined out in the beginning, and now there are none.

I can't say that I would be any less frustrated... Moneys tight all around, if he saw the ends justifying the means, who are we to say he's wrong for being somewhat pissed...

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,383 Posts
I agree Poopie, not trying to spin things, just going to the extreme to make a point. Hard to complain about not getting a prize after deleting the thread that earned said prize. This forum is not about winning stuff, it's about bikes.

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,701 Posts
I sit down when I pee sometimes. Not because I like it, but because my kids no bullseye bond when it comes to pissing when standing... I hope it's not going to effect him negatively in the coming years, when he can effectively hit a floating cheerio as opposed pissing everywhere...

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,701 Posts
oh fuck, you mean to tell me this isn't a daddy blog home away from home????

.... shit.... time to reevaluate...

81 - 96 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.