Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
complete asshole
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started a thread over in the chopper section but its not really appropriate for that section. it wont be a chopper at all. its a 2014 sportster iron 883. its been through some phases already. different bars and pipes ive built, several sets haha. so far i have removed everything that isnt needed. i have cut the tunnel out of the tank to drop it low on the backbone. I will be building a tail section to house the battery, and computer i am keeping the efi. a round oil tank will hold the fluid in the traditional spot under the seat. lots more to come. on with a few pictures.

the first pic is a week or so after i picked it up. new bars and pipes i built.

the second picture is after shortening the rear fender and adding the sparto tail light. eliminated all of the signals also.

how it sits right now. doing a lot of cleanup and design work at this point.

·
complete asshole
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
did a little on my day off. I got the tank trimmed up and sitting perfectly. I also have decided on some bars...i think. removed the speedo and a couple of other bits, then drank beer and stared at it a while. haha

·
complete asshole
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the new bars look a million times better! in my opinion anyway! tank looks good and will go well with a tracker seat unit!
thanks brother, i appreciate it. the more i look at the bars the more i like them. the tail/seat will be kind of a evolving process, kinda tracker, kinda cafe. something between roland sands and some stuff that jesse rooke does. sort of my inspiration for this build. I mean, i cant build on that level but I will do my damndest to get close

·
Oiler Boilereerer...er(s)
1,562 Posts
I like it, I'll be watching. I was thinking last week how I want to build a harley cafe just to piss of the local harley guys.

·
complete asshole
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like it, I'll be watching. I was thinking last week how I want to build a harley cafe just to piss of the local harley guys.
thanks bud, got some poster board to start roughing out the shape of the rear section. i should have all the patterns cut out and can start transfering to the sheetmetal. all handbuilt and formed

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Thought I'd toss this out there. I took the Freedom performance american outlaw exhaust off my solid/evo sportster and am now running a d&d bobcat. It's just collecting dust in my garage now and if there is any interest in grabbing it give me a shout. The rear mount was heated and bent to run on my bike and the black paint is a little scratched on exposed parts and really scratched under the heat shields, but those are hide with them on. Speaking of the heat shields they are trimmed a little to run on my bike.

Not to derail your thread, but here's a pic of the system on my bike.

·
complete asshole
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you need a build thread for this beast :0
agreed haha! and yes I am interested in the exhaust for sure. the buell style rear suspension is really cool dude

·
Oiler Boilereerer...er(s)
1,562 Posts
thanks bud, got some poster board to start roughing out the shape of the rear section. i should have all the patterns cut out and can start transfering to the sheetmetal. all handbuilt and formed
posterboard, cardboard, tape, sharpie and a pair of scissors is how all the best parts are made IMO. I loving refer to this method as CAD and CNC in my build threads…lol

·
complete asshole
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
got a little more done, the rear section still needs a lot of work. its all built from 16ga steel and will house all the electronics as well as the battery. the exhaust still have a long way to go but i am happy so far.

·
str8 stoopid
914 Posts
thanks brother, i appreciate it. the more i look at the bars the more i like them. the tail/seat will be kind of a evolving process, kinda tracker, kinda cafe. something between roland sands and some stuff that jesse rooke does. sort of my inspiration for this build. I mean, i cant build on that level but I will do my damndest to get close
Sub'd because you're drawing inspiration from my two favorite builders.

·
complete asshole
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks dudes, I have a super busy schedule and dont get to work on the bike as much as id like to. I have sunday off so I will be doing serious work on the tail section to try and get that done. i still have to make an oil tank and finish the exhaust and headlight mount and the bulk of the fab work will be completed. then shrinking the efi harness way down and hiding all the electrics and wiring. also fabbing up a custom air cleaner assembly. just not super happy wiith what I was going to use. just a generic small round filter. has no flavor.

·
complete asshole
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
not much to report, progress has been pretty slow. I got a little bit of time yesterday morning to do work so I worked on a couple of things. I mounted my little parts store air cleaner, just a quick trim on the base and 3 drilled holes and it bolts right up. I couldnt bring myself to pay the highdollar folks want for the fancier stuff. next I trimmed a little off the bottom edges of the tail and gave it a little more shape. then it happened, I was staring at the bike drinking a beer and realized that the tank looked massive and really didnt flow. that being said I like the shape of the sportster tank and my bike being efi I have to retain the tank mounted fuel pump, that isnt too hard but the pump is huge so you cant get real crazy and narrow it too much. so i decided to cut 1 1/4'' off the bottom, which was the most i could get away with and mount the fuel pump still. I trimmed some more out of the tunnel and I will say the look is overall greatly improved.

·
complete asshole
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The tank looks much better that size. Bike has the right lines from tank to tail now!
thanks brother! yeah that big tank just had everything all off, I am glad i went ahead and cut it down. i have to decide if i am making a standard round oil tank or if I am going to build a pyramid shaped one, decisions decisions

·
Registered
956 Posts
thanks brother! yeah that big tank just had everything all off, I am glad i went ahead and cut it down. i have to decide if i am making a standard round oil tank or if I am going to build a pyramid shaped one, decisions decisions
cant help you with that one! guessing the underseat area is going to be for the battery and oil tank? or are you mounting them in alternative places?

·
complete asshole
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
cant help you with that one! guessing the underseat area is going to be for the battery and oil tank? or are you mounting them in alternative places?
just the oil tank under there, im running the ecm and battery in the tail section. normally the folks just run a round or oval oil tank, sometimes horseshoe. but i was thinking of coming up with something a little more slick

·
complete asshole
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
does anyone ever visit caferacer.net? lololololololololololololol bunch of haters over there

1 - 20 of 21 Posts