Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
we are 138
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys there's less than 2 months from the start of the 2014 Winter Build off. We need to start hyping this shit now!
So if you are planning on entering or at least watching the progress, let's get the dialogue started now.

I'm debating whether or not to give it another shot since my bike has been sitting since the start of the last build off. But I just got out there and cleaned up the shop in preparation for the nice weather. If theres anything I learned from last year it is December + open carport = nothing happens. So if I do this I Gatta finish up the heavy lifting early.

So lets get this shit in gear!

I threw this up in general since there's not a sub forum yet. Move it if you want.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I've been gathering parts since last years build off and have everything I need minus a few parts. As soon I get through this shitty situation I'm getting back on track with hoarding parts. I wasn't going to wait but after the lack of progress all summer I might as well as just get more preped draw out a solid plan and wait

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
I really want to tear my 900rr completely back down and powder and paint everything. And wanna start working on the 600rr just setting in the yard. But knowing me, u shoulda started thus thread 3 months to give me enough time to get off my ass

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
builder in training
1,178 Posts
I'm in! even if it is just all the little bits, my inactivity (due to a ducati and excessive fishing) over the summer means that i am only now getting back on the ball.

i have all the parts i need to finish the bike, and hopefully this time i won't be a DNF! hyped already

·
builder in training
1,178 Posts
Ah, crap, Chris is in.

Well there's always 2nd place. :D
lol i didnt even finish last time.... but thanks for your confidence. plus it is judged on the work done DURING the build-off and i dont have much work left.

·
Administrator
5,256 Posts
lol i didnt even finish last time.... but thanks for your confidence. plus it is judged on the work done DURING the build-off and i dont have much work left.
Just messing around ;) I'll be trying to give everyone a run for their money fer sure.

On that note though, yeah, i'm torn between getting as much done in my crappy un-heated, un-lit garage before the winter sets in and having more progress during the build-off by slacking until November! Is build-off glory worth frost-bite? Stupid question really.

·
builder in training
1,178 Posts
Just messing around ;) I'll be trying to give everyone a run for their money fer sure.

On that note though, yeah, i'm torn between getting as much done in my crappy un-heated, un-lit garage before the winter sets in and having more progress during the build-off by slacking until November! Is build-off glory worth frost-bite? Stupid question really.
honestly i am right there with you! the problem is i tried to do composite work during the winter and it really backfired on me. so i am going to try and get as much painting/composite work done before the cold sets in. I would rather rebuild the engine when it's cold. we will see if i even make it to november. but i'm still excited for the buildoff

·
I think im lost
573 Posts
Hopefully I'll get my shit together this year and get in with you guys...
Would be interesting
I'll be fighting for the bottom ;)

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
with all that has gone down lately and the fact me and my brother were going to be building this im going to be putting my heart and soul into my build. no short cuts no BS im building my brothers dream bike so everything will be perfect

·
Just Here For The Party
696 Posts
The stars have aligned! I've got a selection of various disassembled hulks to choose from.

This is going to be good!

1 - 20 of 108 Posts