Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I hadn't seen anything about the restyling until i stumbled on one at a dealer.
Taking some pointers from the fighter/mask styling.

Links to pics...
http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/11/05/2014-kawasaki-z1000-first-look-review-photos/

2014 headlight...

Old 2013 headlight

And...
"Kawasaki brought along a 2013 Z1000 for comparison. My quick take: I prefer the higher, more upright seating of the 2013 bike, which fits taller riders better than the new bike. That stated, the 2014 Z1000, because of its lower, more forward-canted riding position, feels sportier and gets the rider more out of the wind, which is a legitimate concern if you commute long distances on the bike. Moreover, the throttle of the 2014 Z1000 is much snappier, and the suspension is significantly firmer, more ready to play."

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup. I can't decide if I like it better without the fork guards. They made it look kinda front-end heavy... but kinda fit the style too.

I was walking out the door at the dealer and had to do a double take. Then was thinking.... is that an aftermarket mask? No. Maybe? No.

Needs an orange or white LED strip below the headlights and some glowing eyes.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Looks better without the fork shrouds. I really like the style and flow but when the fuck are the big 4 going to realize that all the exhaust cans are so fucking ugly.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
I like the 2013 better. The fork shrouds look pretty good in person.

·
I think im lost
573 Posts
I was lookin at one last weekend...
Was sitting next to the Cbr1000r which makes it look 10x aggressive
I'm 50/50 on the headlight looks good
But seems like it's ganna send 100% of the air your way....

Would really like to take one for a spin to see what it's really like

·
Registered
740 Posts
I was seriously ready to buy a new '14 Z and was really disappointed when they revealed it. The styling went from hard-edged and angular to a bulbous, swoopy look that I really don't care for- too much bodywork. I ended up saving a lot of money by deciding to keep my '03 Z and bought a new Grom instead.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts