Votes: 254 73.4%
  • F'dup's DR650

Votes: 92 26.6%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
CAPTAIN AWESOME®
30,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another long winter for many. Lots of creative ideas. But, in the end it comes down to two mighty machines.

As always, I advise you cruise thru their threads and see what went into each bike before making your decision. Or don't :)fu:) and vote based on whichever one makes your fighter blood boil and gives you a visceral charge to keep the old ticker ticking

370steve's GS750 "TIMESLIP"
BUILD THREAD HERE -----------> http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101833

F'dup's DR650 "Project: Heavy weight hooligan"
Build thread here -------------> http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101610

·
Is my bike ok?
15,008 Posts
I've been thinking about this vote for about a week now. Still have no clue what I'm gonna do. Both bikes are something that appeal to my personal tastes. Both bikes are built exactly how I'd want them to stay. Truly a tie in my eyes.

Really nice work, F'dup & Steve. Both of you nailed it.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
How am I supposed to vote on those two? They are both perfect and are so vastly different that its almost not fair to put them in the same category.

Amazing job guys, they turned out amazing

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
It's a battle royal of oil cooled suzuki power!

Thanks for all the kind words, nice to see a motard get some love on a streetfighter forum :D

Very clean work "370steve"!

·
V four honda whore
12,337 Posts
When ill be at PC, ill vote for steve. After all he lost his missus while building bike. He deserves my vote, you filthy spender

Reactions: 370steve

·
Just Here For The Party
696 Posts
I think I'm going to have to create a fake account so I can vote for both of these bikes. Well done, gentleman, well done.

·
Administrator
5,256 Posts
Well done both of you, properly nice bikes. 2 future FOTMs i suspect! Finishing the build-off is no joke, finishing to such high standards is amazing.

Voted, but it was tough.

·
Is my bike ok?
15,008 Posts
My vote went to Steve. Seemed like a much more involved build, looks like a brand new bike and He actually posted a build and budget sheet for it. Unless I missed the build or budget sheet for the DR somewhere?
:doh:

The DR build was "involved" as a mofugger. Check it out. It was fun to follow as well as the others.

·
Is my bike ok?
15,008 Posts
this was honestly the hardest vote I've had to make in a long time..
Word.

I finally had to vote for F'dup solely due to the fact that he did his own paint and body. Steve and him both made a lot of handmade parts, but that was the extra 1% that tipped the scales. Even then it was hard to vote. Big fat old school four sucking gas through a rack of four carbs nestled between tubes ... shit, that was hard to vote against. :(

1 - 20 of 33 Posts