Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 60 of 121 Posts

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
Just collecting parts right now. Gonna do a track day on the bike this weekend then it's being torn to pick the engine out of it and couple other things that will all be going to the build off

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
3,028 Posts
Thinking about entering my old Kz1000. Nothing really crazy but some machine work will be necessary. Just not sure if it'll be worthy compared to some all out builds that will be happening.

Later, Doug

·
lb/hp is what it's about!
10,448 Posts
Thinking about entering my old Kz1000. Nothing really crazy but some machine work will be necessary. Just not sure if it'll be worthy compared to some all out builds that will be happening.

Later, Doug
In case you haven't noticed, it's probably worth mentioning the all out builds are rarely finished in time. ;)

·
V four honda whore
12,425 Posts
seb, will you get your done this winter?

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
seb, will you get your done this winter?
I really can't make any promises. I really want it done for next summer, but even when I get the suspension done, there's a crap ton of things I haven't even started on. If I push for "minimal modification & labor functioning", then yeah, I could probably make it, and do the things the way I really wanted later on. And by "things I really wanted" I mean stuff like exhaust beyond some straight headers, proper airbox / filters, headlights, etc. Not niceties like tuning and paint.

Its kinda painful, getting to the point where I'm annoyed that I can't take time to work on other things because otherwise it will drag on to a 5 year project before I even get it running.

·
V4's FTW
10,494 Posts
Its kinda painful, getting to the point where I'm annoyed that I can't take time to work on other things because otherwise it will drag on to a 5 year project before I even get it running.
Been there done that... seem to remember you liking my result... ;) do work sucka!!

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,993 Posts
So is this only for VIP members? Or can my noob ass join in on the fun?

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
Very noob friendly, and fun. Just don't get discourage if yah can't finish, because chances are you'll learn so much you stretch your goals (which is what has happened to me 3 years running). I was Noobly McNooberson from the town of Noobsville my first time around. Also worth noting that you can be both a VIP and a noob, its just a paid premium that helps keep the site funded. A lot of the VIPs are long term members, but (like me) not all.

·
3,993 Posts
Well fuck, I guess I'll have to wait another week to start my build... assholes :D
Soooo how do I enter? I found the buildoff threads for the last few years, but not this one. Do I just start my build thread with a newspaper pic and that's it?

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,379 Posts
Soooo how do I enter? I found the buildoff threads for the last few years, but not this one. Do I just start my build thread with a newspaper pic and that's it?
Wait until the 2016 Build off subforums are made and then start a new thread in each of them (one for the build and one for discussion). Yes, something dated, such as a newspaper, with the bike and parts you currently have for the build.

·
3,993 Posts
Wait until the 2016 Build off subforums are made and then start a new thread in each of them (one for the build and one for discussion). Yes, something dated, such as a newspaper, with the bike and parts you currently have for the build.
Awesome, thanks for the info.

41 - 60 of 121 Posts