Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Remi's Dad
Joined
·
17,593 Posts
well worth 250k

Say every bike is worth $500-1000..... which means between $175k-$350k

Just by the pictures i saw about 3 motorcycles that are worth above $1500.

I seea row of 5-6 kz1000/900's, a row of 3-4 t500 titans (The seat alone is going for $185 in barely use-able condition on ebay), a purple gt750 waterbuffalo (among other suzuki triples).

I've bought parts from the guy. a kz1000 swinger just last month in fact.
 

·
UnicycleMode
Joined
·
7,580 Posts
:truestory:




Working in cycle salvage and repair myself I see the cost of a "turn key" motorcycle salvage business as incredibly cheap. Someone wants out of it badly, probably for personal health, or family reasons too.

I'm actually at a point where in the next few years I'm going to have to expand to that level of the ads warehouse. I'm running out of space (quickly) with 1200sqft of storage and 400sqft of service area, and that is HUGE compared to what I have had in the past at any given time. If I was to turn over my business for every nut, bolt, and customer, I would probably charge around $30k. This guys place is about the equal to mine growing to 250k worth of business. In my opinion well worth it. If you could get 5 or 6 people together to put in a little bit on purchase price you all could make a nice living and do next to nothing 4 days a week. ;)

(Seems some don't understand what I do for a living, so that might make it clearer, but, I don't pedal my wares on personal sites, just craigslist and ebay, just the polite thing for me to do, business and personal life separated and all that. ;) I'll sell my personal machines and parts here to members of CF, but it is at severely reduced rates compared to joe nobody, and when I buy parts from here I never flip them for profit as it would be rude, ebay has plenty of cheap shit to flip for profit, the deals here on CF are a damn gift in my eyes and should be cherished for what it is.)
 

·
watches you sleep.
Joined
·
9,116 Posts
The kind of person interested in hustling used bike parts like this will never have a 1/4 million dollars to do it and the kind of person with 1/4 million bones wouldn't waste their time nickel and diming for the next decade to finally make a profit. That being said I'd fucking love to own that warehouse. I miss selling bike parts. I hated it but loved it to. Gave me purpose and made me feel like I had a job. I need to start selling off what little I have left. I gave 99% of it to Crystal Skull when He bought my GSX1100G. The remaining 1% wasn't mine to give away lol. It is now though so../anybody wanna buy some 600RR parts for CHEAP???!!!
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top