Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have been thinking of a fighter I want to do down the road... I want like a bobed 08 sv1000 but not a fan of rectangular swing arm. I would love to use a gsxr 1000 from a like a 08.... You can get a aluminum hugger for those swing arms that would (to me) look wicked with a sheet metal seat.
Close to the seat on this sv (a bike I drool over slot)
Can it be done? I understand I would have to come up with a custom work for the shock but can the swing arm it self be used with custom bushings and sprocket spacers?

·
Super Moderator
3,049 Posts
Not sure about the '08 Gsxr in particular but isn't the Sv's shock offset to the left for rear exhaust header clearance? You'd need to find an arm with a similarly offset rear shock, I would think. That's you biggest hurdle, IMO.

Later, Doug

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that would mean cutting and centering the upper shock mount in the frame... I have seen much more intense fabrication on here so I feel it's within reason.

·
Super Moderator
3,049 Posts
Well that would mean cutting and centering the upper shock mount in the frame...

Right, but still doesn't solve the exhaust and shock occupying the same space dilemma. And I was wrong the shock is offset to the right, not the left.

Later, Doug

·
Super Moderator
3,049 Posts
This shows the exhaust port snd shock mount relationship better.

Later, Doug

Reactions: ultimate fighter

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol I'm constantly boned. Maybe I could weld a brace and build my own hugger.. Hmmm. I want to do a belly exhaust like on a rc8 on this so I would need the exhaust clearance.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok this is the part were I'm confused about what the common method of "filling in the blanks" when it comes to mounting and aligning the sprockets... I figure that to center the rc51 (180mm) in the sv1000 frame (235mm swingarm) I would use 27.5mm wide bushing/spacers but at that point is all that's left is a spacer to bring the rear sprocket to get inline with the front?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi there, it is an old thread, was just wondering how is this coming along?

Suzuki GSR600 swingarm, 235mm wide at the pivot,

con
shock mount is offset to the left.

pro
might be same pivot bolt size
you can use a 180/5.5 wheel or the complete rear end off GSR600
looks sick

Hope this helps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts